Part 85

I left Spain in the early hours of the 29th, it was still dark when the plane took off, I knew that it would be very contrasting weather in the UK so I made sure to wear warmer clothes, an oversized hoodie and some leggings with fluffy socks to be exact. 

I landed at Heathrow at 11am on the dot and was out of the airport by midday, I did think about going to MTC but I decided against it and drove 3 hours home on the motorway.

When I got home the first thing I did was put the heating on because it was freezing in every room, I put a load of washing on and put the kettle on to boil.

I dragged my suitcase up the ladder in to my room and unpacked everything, putting all my clothes away because I wouldn't be needing summer clothes for a while, and I prioritised my warm clothes.

'heard you are back in the UK' Lando texted me strangely

'yeh, got back a few hours ago'

'any plans for new years?'

'no, just a quiet one i think'

'unless there was a party, with everyone'

'maybe, depends who everyone is'

'i'll send you the list, it would be nice to see you and talk about things'

'okay thank you'

I put my phone down and let out a long sigh, I was quite happy with having a quiet new years by myself but I could never resist a party.

I looked on my Instagram and Twitter out of habit and saw that people were having a meltdown about me, more specifically and selfie with me and a particular Spaniard. I knew I was fucked, it was so obviously a Ferrari jumper but we went with it anyway.

I decided to go on Instagram live to have a catch up with some of my followers and answer any questions.

After setting it up there were hundreds of the same question

'Lando is a terrible person, why is he with that snake?' and variations of people calling him horrible names, I couldn't let that happen, I never enjoyed my social platform being a negative place because I knew how much it hurt.

"Guys, I'm seeing a lot of comments about Lando here, I will clear everything up for you. Me and Lando aren't together, as most of you know, however that doesn't mean I or anyone else gets to talk badly about him, we can't avoid each other so we have to have a working relationship, he is a person too and has feelings, if you want to be nasty and call people names at the click of a finger you need a serious reality check, I do not condone any of this, any negativity will be blocked from my pages"

I started going through the comments after this and blocking the people who were saying horrible things and people were asking questions about Carlos now because he was the only single Ferrari driver who lived in Spain.

"I was invited to the Sainz's place in Valencia for a few days to spend time racing, there should be some cool videos coming out soon about it, it was also my birthday and I genuinely love Spain, I was also there for an interview and Carlos offered to help me, I'm not very good at Spanish and he helped me a lot while I was there, I hope that clears things up for you"

I spent the next hour or so chatting to some of my fans and I showed them some of the photos I had taken over the season on my disposable camera, I was given the idea to start a wall of my photos, it was a really good idea but I didn't know which wall to put it on.

When I ended the live my phone started ringing, Carlos was facetiming me,

"Right, I'm making a cup of tea, watch" Carlos excitedly said before I could get a word in

"Teabag, sugar if you want it, kettle water, what's the word you do after that?"

"Let it brew?" I said smiling it was so cute, he was concentrating so much and trying really hard to get it right

"Yes that's the one, I squeeze the teabag out and then milk?"

"Yep, go for it" I said, I was now screen recording it because I wanted this forever

"Et voila" Carlos exclaimed as he put the cap of the milk back on and stirred it around a bit

"tu parles français?" I replied shocked

"I have no idea what you just said" He said now looking at me on the screen

"I said are you speaking French"

"You say it a lot, I guess I just picked up on it"

"Is your tea nice?"

"Not as good as yours but you are the expert after all" Carlos said showing me the China cup he was using for his tea

"Are you going to Lando's new years thing?" I asked shuffling around on my sofa

"I could, I would be flying private so I could come whenever"

"Well text him and ask if he wants you there"

"Okay, I'll do it now"

Carlos texted Lando and got a response straight away from Lando saying of course he wants him there, and that Carlos was welcome to stay and Lando's house.

"Looks like I'm coming to the UK"

"It is freezing by the way, but I will still be wearing a dress"

"You are mental"

"I was built for this sort of thing, plus alcohol keeps me warm"

After a while of chatting I hung up and went back to doing nothing, I then remembered I needed to see Flo. I quickly texted her to see when she was available 

'Hi Flo, I am so sorry for not getting to you sooner, i just got back to the UK, when are you free to meet up?'

'it's okay Iz don't worry, I am free tonight, plus mum and dad want to see you before the season starts'

'I can drive up, i'll get some food for everyone as well?'

'you don't have to'

'I'm going to though, what does everyone want?'

'fish and chips?'

'fish and chips it is, 5 fish and 3 chips?'

'sounds good, see you in a few hours'

I quickly got changed in to some jeans and a nicer looking jumper and jacket and I threw my vans on as I grabbed my keys, phone and purse.

I drove towards Bristol and picked some fish and chips up from the nearest one to the Norris house.

"Oh my Gosh Izzie it's so good to see you" Cisca, Lando's mum said as she hugged me really tightly

"It's good to see you too Cisca" I said wrapping my arms around her

Adam also gave me a hug and helped me get the food out of the car and when I got in to the house Flo and Cisca almost knocked me off my feet when they hugged me, I think this family liked me quite a bit despite my actions and their son's actions in the past. 

-------

A/N

sorry for the late upload i have just felt really off today, i think im sleep deprived but idk lmao, i hope everyone is well and doing okay

love you all xxx