Part 47

It was a 'family' dinner, with Lando, Harley, Daniel and I, it was so awkward, Harley was just so typically annoying, she had verbal diarrhea and I could see why she needed to do this publicity stunt. I ate my dinner quietly, just nodding and giving Daniel funny looks from across the table like eye rolls and raising my eyebrows whenever she talked about her career.

"I'm driving an F3 car in 2 weeks time" I blurted out to try and get Harley to shut up

"What's that?" She said, everyone' heads jolted at her in disbelief, we were all dead silent and were just staring at her with wide eyes,

"It's a single seater racing car but it has about 800bhp less than an F1 car" I said turning back to my plate of food

"Oh, why are you doing that, aren't you working for Mclaren?"

Oh my god could she be any more thick

"I am chasing my 3rd world title in karting and if I do well I will be driving in F3"

"You're a racer?" She asked back 

"Yeh"

"Oh, cool"

We fell in to a silence and I had this wonderful idea that whilst she is here we could go karting

"We should go karting" I said speaking up as we were clearing the plates"

"Sounds like a good idea" Daniel said as he turned to Lando for confirmation

"Yeh, lets do it" He said

"Will I be doing it as well?" Harley said quietly

"Of course you will, will be good fun" I said to her

We all sat down in the living room and watched some more horror films, once again I was the only one who didn't get scared of the films, honestly you would think that they would know it wasn't real.

I went to bed quite early because Zak wanted to see me at MTC the next morning, I was in bed by 11pm and I don't think any of the others came upstairs until gone midnight. When Lando got into bed I was half asleep but I heard him say that he had missed me and soon enough I was wrapped in his arms as we both slept through the night.

My alarm went off just before 8am and I rolled out of bed, trying not to wake Lando up, I quickly got changed in to a grey jumper and some baggy jeans. I made my way downstairs and put the kettle on to make some tea as I poured a bowl of cereal for myself. 

I looked out to the garden to see Harley working out, she was doing a ridiculous amounts of sit ups, I made another cup of tea for her and I also made some breakfast for her. I walked out and put it down next to her, not wanting to disturb her.

"Thanks" She said as she caught her breath

"No problem, how often do you work out like this?" I asked drinking my tea and stabbing my cereal with the spoon

"Nearly every day"

"You can take rest days you know, I think the last time I did a big workout was 2 weeks ago"

"I need to stay in shape though"

"Your body isn't going to change overnight if you don't workout, eat some cereal and you'll feel better" I had a slight feeling that she had a bad relationship with food so I just wanted to try and help a bit.

I sat there eating my cereal in the garden chairs as Harley sat and ate hers on the grass, we didn't look at each other and when we were done we walked inside and put the bowls and mugs in the dishwasher.

I quickly cleaned my teeth and brushed my hair before leaving for the MTC, I drove there quite quickly considering it was rush hour, I got there just after 10am and was walking in to thr building to be greeted by Zak.