Part 10

Izzie's POV:

It was race weekend, well it was race week, it was Wednesday so everyone was making their way to the track for set up and things, there was a hotel not too far from Silverstone circuit so got a room there for 6 nights and I had just arrived and unpacked my bag, it was more unpacking my makeup and phone chargers but unpacking nonetheless. I didn't have a pass to be in the paddock all week so I just used the hotel's spa and pool just relaxing and de-stressing myself after a hectic week, it was actually enjoyable spending time by myself and not being forced to talk to loads of different people, plastering a fake smile on, I could just relax and look bitchy like I normally would do, I felt like a celebrity and I didn't like it that much.

I walked back to my hotel room in the dressing gown and slippers with a glass of wine in hand when someone came up to me

"Is this you in this video?" the stranger asked showing me their phone playing a video

The video was a compilation of me walking like I owned the place, I did look powerful, especially the one in my purple suit from last week, and then the one from Monaco on the Sky sports channel and some videos from when those people were taking photos of me on race day, I just stared at this phone not really knowing what to say

"Yeh that's me" I replied shortly

"Wow you are so cool, I wish I could have that sort of power and you are literally a nobody, like you attract the media it's crazy"

A nobody, I thought to myself, I was so conflicted my whole life whether I wanted to be in the foreground or the background of my own life that this really solidified the fact that I needed to be the main character or villain in my story, I didn't mind which to be honest.

"Thanks"

"Can I get a photo?"

"Sorry not a celebrity I don't do photos"

And with that I walked off drinking my wine walking into the lift to take me to my floor. I walked into my room and ended up pouring another glass of wine before realising there was a bar downstairs. I changed into some black leather like jeans and an oversize white collared shirt. I put my hotel slippers back on, tied my hair up in a ponytail and went down to the bar. I ordered a margarita to start with and it hit the spot just right but after a few I needed something stronger. Knowing I could handle my drink well made me well aware that it was going to be an expensive night.

I ended up doing shots of sambuca late into the night, I was absolutely plastered but I made it to my room okay and I just passed out on the floor for the whole night. I woke up to banging on my door and my phone ringing. I was awful for hangovers, it reminded me why I stopped drinking and I didn't wan't to fall back in to bad habits.

"What!" I shouted through the door whilst rubbing my head not moving too quickly because I felt extremely hungover

"Open the door" the voice replied

"Fine" I yelled back angrily

Standing on the other side of the door was Carlos Sainz I felt like a complete muppet

"Hello?" I said opening the door

"Shit, you look rough, are you okay?" he said back a bit taken aback by my appearance

"Ye- yeh I'm fine why?" I said trying not to vomit as I leaned against the door frame

"Lando is here and he is waiting for you downstairs"

"But it's Thursday, isn't that media day?"

"Yes but he did all of that yesterday"

Fuck I thought to myself, I couldn't have got absolutely shit faced at a worse time