Chapter 1

"It's already been this long, and there's still no news from the Sect Master?"

"No news, and no idea where he went either... Ah..."

Qingshui County's Xiaoqing Mountain[1] was just like its name, the color of jade as far as the eye can see, with mountain springs winding down, echoes ringing all the way. Although it didn't have the fame of great mountains and rivers, it's still able to be called "beautiful". However, not many people from the nearby village dared to come to this mountain.

Because Jianghu[2]'s most outstanding and famous Demonic Sect resided right here on this land.

This demonic sect had already been here for five to six whole years. At the very beginning, it was complete chaos. Murderous-looking Jianghu martial artists wielding staffs and swords rushed up the mountain, and immediately rushed back down the mountain after having peed their pants in fear. With this noisy disturbance, the common people knew then that on Xiaoqing Mountain lived a fearsome sect.

After asking around, they learned that this was a foreign sect, and that their followers looked different from the Central Plains[3] martial artists. They were ferocious-looking and frightening, and maybe even liked eating human flesh. Everyone was scared out of their wits and was on edge for several days and nights. It was only when it looked like they didn't have any intentions of bothering the villagers did the villagers finally regain a little peace of mind.

The villagers still did not dare to get close, but there were playful children who ran up the mountain and, coming back, said they had met a young sir full of smiles, who was not just good-looking but also had a lot of delicious snacks. Some children instead said that the person was a young lady, beautiful like a butterfly.

The adults were shocked, scared that their children had fallen prey to a demonic technique, and for a time beseeched various deities for help. In the end, they spanked their children and warned them never to go back to the mountain.

As the years passed, less and less Jianghu martial artists dared come to Xiaoqing Mountain to fight, even bandits knew to detour around this piece of land. Little by little, the common people started thinking that it wasn't such a bad thing to have a demonic sect around. Of course, they were aware that this sect was frightening precisely because it was a demonic sect, thus they gained a bit more awe towards these strange demonic characters on Xiaoqing Mountain.

Even now, these people labeled as a demonic sect by the outside world neither murdered nor ate any humans, rather they leisurely lived out their lives.

Some went out to do business and handle affairs, having not yet returned, and left behind some important members to take care of things. Others planted flowers, read books, changed into three different sets of clothes every day, researched poisonous insects, or occasionally went on strolls to see if there were any gifted children with good spiritual bones.

But as the days grew long, they all realized one thing.

"The Sect Master still hasn't returned?"

"No."

"He didn't say where he was going? And he hasn't sent back any news?"

"No, he didn't, and no, he hasn't."

"Oh..."

At first, it was simply some idle conversation, but as the days passed, the inquiries steadily increased and they started getting a bit anxious. Their suspicions and unrest were like rain clouds before a storm, continuously increasing in weight, heavily pressing down on their hearts and minds, just waiting for the right time to burst.