Chapter 34

Liam never thought that one day his life will turn out like this. He was in a relationship with the person who he loved. Was about to welcome him first child into this world. Have a well settled job. Continuously progressing. He was happy. He was thankful. Life can't not be more good. He has everything one desires for.

What could possibly be go wrong ?

2 days. 2 excat days past since Liam left for LA. He walked out of the office of Mr. Sanders, the person whom he had gone to meet up with.
"Thanks for coming Mr. Payne. It was great talking to you," he said and Liam smiled.
"It's alright. Now the deal has been signed and I'm appreciate that you co operated with us," Liam said in a firm voice.
"Of course. That's out pleasure to work with someone as bright as you. And now that we have our work done I guess we can celebrate a little, what you say ?" He said and Liam nodded chuckling.

Liam was about to respond when his cellphone rang. He took it out from his pocket and smiled seeing Zayn's name.
"Beloved ?" Mr. Sanders asked and he nodded with a bright smile, "okay I'll excuse you. Well you know where to find me Mr. Payne. I'll wait for ya," he said walking away.

"Hey Babe," he said answering the call.
"Hi Liam, when will you come back ?" He asked getting in the taxi.
Zayn had felt some of the important file of clients back in the office and had gone to receive them despite of Liam strictly telling him not to go out by himself.
"I'll be back soon but you tell me where are you ? I guess I told you not to go out," he said not liking the idea of that.

"C'mon Liam. I just took my files and now I'm in taxi going back home. I'm fine Li. Nothing will happen to me," Zayn said leaning back against the seat.
He watched the building and people passing by. The rain was pouring and he just loved the vibes.

"Alright. You go home safely. Okay. I love you both," Liam said smiling to himself.
Zayn looked down at his lap smiling.
But maybe the idea of going out was bad.
He looked up and gasped whispering Liam before Liam heard a loud crash.

Liam stood Frozen in his place. Trying to understand what just happened. "Zayn ?" He whimpered but nothing. It beeped couple times before everything went silent.

Liam's world came down crashing on his feet.
He dialled the number again with shaky hands but nothing.

Back in New York, Yaser was in his office attending a meeting when his secretary can in running to hand him over the cellphone.
"Hello ?" He said.
"Yaser Malik ?" The women from the other side asked.
"Yes ?" Said frowning a little.
"We have a news for you," she said.
A tear rolled down his eyes when he heard about his son getting into an accident. He ran out of his office and get into his car.

He tried calling Liam but his phone was off. "Damn it !" He said throwing his cellphone on the passenger seat.
Now how he was suppose to break this news to Trisha ? Yaser new she will lose her mind. But it was important for her to know what happened to their son.

He grabbed his cellphone and dialled her number. He waited for her to answer the line and breathe out deeply.
"Hello," she said answering the line.
"Where are you Hon ?" He asked trying to be as calm as he could.
"Airport. Louis and Harry's plane just landed. We'll be home in an hour. Why ?" She asked.

"Um nothing love. See you later," he said disconnecting the line leaving her frowning.

Soon he parked his car in the hospital parking and ran inside the building.
"I got a call. My son Zayn was brought here. He -," he said and the receptionist nodded.
"Mr. Malik ?" She asked trying to confirm his identity.
"Yes," he nodded.
"Please come with me," a nurse said leading him to the operation theatre area.
"He is in. The doctor's are treating him right now. Please wait here till it gets over," she said.
"How - how was he ?" Yaser asked.
"Not good. He lost too much blood," she said before she walked away.

Yaser sat down on the empty chair and closed his eyes. Never in a million years he thought this would happen. He sat there with his hands jointed. Silently praying for his son's life.

Hours past and the door opened.
He looked at the doctors coming out and stood up.
"How is my son ?" He asked desperately waiting to know.
"He is stable now. Lost too much blood and got few external injuries," the doctor said.
"And the baby ?" Yaser asked. Even though he already guessed it, he just wanted some miracle to happen.
"We lost the baby," as soon as those words left the doctor's mouth Yaser broke down knowing it will be the hardest time for Zayn to accept it.

On the other hand, Liam was in the plane. Bouncing his legs while chewing his bottom lip. Hands shaking as he tried his hardest not to cry. He just hoped he woke up and find everything happy as he it was when he went to sleep. He hoped he woke up and find Zayn and his baby well and fine.

But only if it was the case.

Almost an hour past and the plane landed. He rushed out of there and ran out of the airport. He switched on his cellphone and saw almost twenty missed calls and a plenty of texts.

It was real.

He dialled his number and waited for Yaser to answer the call.
"Where are you ?" Liam asked.
"I'll send you the address Liam. Please calm down," he said breathing out. The line got disconnected and seconds later his cellphone buzzed.

He saw the text and stopped a taxi. He got into the taxi and told him the Hospital's address.

Minutes later the taxi stopped in front of the hospital and he got out. He ran inside the hospital.
"Can you tell me in which room Zayn Malik is admitted ?" He asked approaching the receptionist.
"Umm you are ?" She asked.
"His boyfriend," he said getting impatient.
"Room number 309. Fourth floor. Left side," she said and Liam rushed that way thanking her.

He reached the hallway looking for the room number and finally found it. He stood infront of the door not having the power to see Zayn.
He breathed out few times and slowly reached for the door. He pushed the door opened with his shaking hands.

Yaser was sitting on the tool next to Zayn's bed. He heard the door open and turned around.
Liam walked in and his eyes fell on Zayn's pale face. His head was bruised. Hand was wrapped in bandages. Needles injected to his body. And the monitor beeping as his hearts beat.

And then he saw his belly and it was flat. His baby was gone....
Liam fell down on his knees breaking down in tears mourning at his loss.

---------------------------------------------
Control your emotions....
Take it easy