Caged

Josie Woke up and looked around slightly disoriented and extremely pissed off. Stumbling up she looked around until her eyes properly adjusted to the room. Looking at the bars and the lock Josie shook her head. "Amateurs" she started chanting to try and unlock the door but her spell was unsuccessful. Josie tried again but again it didn't work. Feeling frustrated she kicked the cage door. Josie sat down on the edge of the metal framed bed before she heard footsteps approaching, Standing up Josie walked to the door as the owner of the footprints came into sight. Grinning wickedly Josie spoke "Hope. How's your neck? Healed I assume, You should come in here and let me have another taste. I know you liked it. I could hear your heart racing when I touched you". Hope looked at Josie who was now pacing the cell running her hands over the bars. "This isn't you Jo, please come back to us we all need you, the school isn't the same without you". Josie laughed looking at Hope "The school. Or you?" Hope walked a little bit closer to the bars pulling up her sleeve she showed her arm to Josie and her eyes instantly fell on the fading soul mark. Hope could swear she saw a slight bit of emotion in Josie's eyes before it vanished again. Josie looked up at her eyes empty completely void of any emotion Hope had thought she had "You trying to tease me with your wrist? You know I could drink you dry in minutes right?" Hope dropped her arm shaking her head before walking away and down the hall shortly returning with a bag of blood and throwing it through the bars.

Josie looked at it cautiously before picking it up and biting into it, she then looked up at Hope "Its human". Hope nodded "I know you can't stomach the animal blood here". Josie nodded before she continued drinking "Does my dear daddy know this is from his special stash?" Hope looked up shaking her head "no". Josie stood up discarding the now empty bag that she had drained in minutes and walked close to the door again "Hope, let me out, please". Josie spoke almost as if she was begging and hope could feel her heart racing "I can't Jo, not until you turn your humanity back on".  Josie sighed looking at Hope through her lashes now practically batting them "Hope, Please let me out". Hope took another step closer before looking dead into Josie's eyes "Turn your humanity back on and I will". Josie punched the cage in frustration before backing off "You will never give up on the good parts of me will you hope ?" Hope shook her head not flinching as Josie rattled the door "No, I won't give up on you because I love you". Hope watched as Josie backed away from the cage door "You what?" Hope smiled "I said I love you". Hope once again saw Something flick behind Josie's eyes just like she had earlier but once again it vanished. "Love is just glorified pain Hope. It never ends well". Hope shook her head frustrated "Are you really that far gone that you refuse to let yourself feel anything? Where is my Josie the girl that was selfless and so, so strong?" Josie rolled her eyes while walking closer to the bars "She's dead". 

Hope shook her head before turning around and leaving Josie standing in the middle of the cell. Clearly trying to convince her that she loved her wasn't working but luckily she had a back up plan, But in order to do it she needed Alaric's permission. Walking into Alaric's office Hope shook her head as Alaric and Caroline looked at her. She had told them she was going to try talking to her to see if she would listen but it had failed. Looking at their faces Hope could see the sadness on them and wanted nothing more than to get Josie back. Taking a deep breath Hope began talking "I'm sorry it didn't work, I thought because of our bond I would be able to get through to her but it seems to get weaker more and more every few hours". Alaric Shook his head "It's okay Hope, You tried". Hope nodded as she looked at Alaric and Caroline "I have one last Idea, and neither of you are going to like it, but there's a spell I can do, All I have to do is get close enough to touch her to cast it. Oh and I will need permission to use black magic". Alaric nodded his head much to Hope's surprise "I don't like the idea of this, But if you agree to see a counsellor, allow tests to be done on you after the spell in case of leftover dark magic and make sure its not life threatening to you or Josie. I'll Allow it". 

Hope had agreed with Alaric and had read up on the spell so she knew what was going to happen. They had come up with a plan, Hope had to get close enough to Josie to touch her and considering Josie was now a Heretic that was going to be difficult. Hope couldn't just use magic as Josie could counter it, so the best Idea was that Caroline would inject her with Vervain again. Heading down to the cells With Caroline and Alaric, Hope saw Josie pacing in the cage. They had Caroline wait around the corner so that If Josie made a run for it she would get caught by Caroline. Walking over to the cage with Alaric behind her Hope smiled at Josie "Hey, Jo. How do you feel?" Josie looked at Hope almost questioningly "Did you really just ask that? I don't feel Anything". Hope nodded "I thought you would say that, Hope grabbed the keys from Alaric and put the key in the cell door, Almost instantly Josie vamped over. "Are you finally giving up on me?" Hope shook her head as she turned the key "No, Quite the opposite".