Trial.

tw: smut, language, court

"Agent Pierce to the stand." The judge calls.

I take a deep breath and walk up to the box, I smile at the jury lightly and an officer hands me a bible. I don't even believe in god totally and completely, do they think this stops people from lying? I raise my right hand and stand up straight.

"Do you swear to tell the truth in this testimony? To tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?" A black man asks me from across the room.

"I do." I deadpan.

"Have a seat." He tells me and I do as he says. "I need you to state your first, middle, and last name for the record." He deadpans.

I nod and bend the mic so it's closer to my mouth. "Ariana Marie Pierce."

"Any name changes that will be undergo in the next 6 months?" The man asks.

I look at Emily and she smiles and nods. Reassurance. "I'm getting married on the 11th sir, my name will then be Ariana Marie Prentiss." I inform him.

He nods. "Good morning Ms. Pierce."

I smile. "Good morning."

"Can you tell the court how you are currently employed ma'am?" Another man asks. This ones white with red hair, lanky looking.

I nod. "I'm an agent at the Behavioral Analysis Unit for the F.B.I." Silent flex honestly.

"And how long have you been an agent with the F.B.I?" The red head asks.

"4 years." I tell him.

"And how long have you been in the Behavioral Analysis Unit?" He asks.

"35 months, about 3 years." I inform.

"Now I want to direct your attention to the matter at hand, the relationship between this family." I nod.

A woman who'd been sitting next to Haley stands up. Presumably her lawyer. "How long have you known Aaron Hotchner?" She asks.

The woman paces in front of me. She's trying to put my nerves on edge so it looks like i'm lying. "3 years." I tell her.

She nods. "Now how long have you been friends?"

I think for a minute. "7 or 8 months after I joined the unit we both had a lot going on and bonded over it, I would say about 2 and a half years." I inform her.

"Hm." She says. "When you say you both had a lot on your plate what do you mean by that?" The woman asks.

I lick my lips. "Hayley had been having an affair, we bonded over his divorce." I inform her.

"How did that have any correlation with you Ms. Pierce?" The woman asks cockily.

"My fiancé and I were in a secret relationship, a work affair of sorts." I explain.