I've Got A Daughter.

tw: emotional neglect, language, kidnapping

"Is this you?" I ask Emily. We're going through some boxes at her fathers house, tomorrow we go back to D.C.

She walks over and looks at the photo. "Mhm."

"Your hair is so cute and dark, you were adorable." I compliment, looking at the photo.

She smiles. "Thanks, I was probably about 2."

A knock hits the attic door and it opens. "Emily, there's no need to sort through all of this, it's all going up for auction." Elizabeth deadpans.

"Ma'am with all do respect, if Emily wants to keep any of this, or sort through it; shes entitled to. You need to relax." I say, putting her in her place. Emily's dad just died and Elizabeth has put her through absolute hell. That's my babe and she's not gonna treat her like that if I have any say.

Emily looks at me with wide eyes and Mrs. Prentiss glares at me. "Don't jump in the cross fire Ariana. You'll be gone in a few months anyways." She deadpans mockingly.

Emily gasps. "The fuck she will be."

The ambassador smirks antagonizingly. "She was last time."

Emily rolls her eyes. "Get out. That was my doing. Now she's back and she's my girl. You treat her with respect or you can stay the HELL out of my life." She deadpans.

Emily defending me was extremely kind, she didn't have to do that. I've got myself and she doesn't have to be my warrior, but I like that she is. No ones every stood up for me to their family. I stand up and place my arm around Emily's waist and my hand on her chest. "It's okay Em."

She shakes her head. "No it isn't."

Ambassador Prentiss glares at us. "I think I will."

"Will what?" Emily asks.

"Stay the hell out of your life." The ambassador deadpans. My jaw drops and Emily squeezes my body. "I mean i've got a daughter already, I don't need to stick around while you chase girl after strange women at age 40. I've got a daughter who's married and young." She says cockily.

Anger fumes inside of me. I pull away from Emily and walk up in front of her. "Mariah Delegae is not your daughter, Emily is. A damn good one too, you're a horrible mother, and a horrible human being. Yet somehow, you make the woman I love hate herself whenever you speak with her. Emily is strong and beautiful and powerful and worthy of way more than you. Elizabeth Prentiss you have a rotten heart and you deserve to rot." I deadpan. Her face is only a look of shock. "Get out."

She gives Emily a warning look and walks out the door, I stand in my place and watch her leave. Emily walks up behind me and runs her hands around my waist. "I love you so damn much."

I turn around to see Emily's face. "You deserve better than her."

She smiles lightly. "My love, I've got better."

I smile back. "The best you've ever had. You still deserve a better mom." She pulls me in close by my waist.

"You're the best i'll ever have." She corrects. I smirk. "Thank you for defending me." She states.

I nod. "Thank you for defending me."

She smiles. "Always and forever."

My gaze travels to her lips and I kiss her gently. When I pull away, I rest my head on her chest and she leans her head against mine. "I love you to pluto." I tell her.

I feel her laugh lightly. "I love you to pluto and back."

I pull away quickly. "WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS ONE UPPING ME?" I scoff.

She grins. "Because I love you the most, most, most."

I furrow my brows and smirk. "You're evil." I state.

She smiles. "Oh yeah?"

I nod with a smile. "Yeah."

Emily grins and cups my face, pulling me in for a kiss. A long lasting kiss; her tongue slips in my mouth and I smile into the kiss. When she pulls away I whine lightly and she grins again. "I like you a lot." She states.

I nod. "How could you not?" I smirk after saying it and she nods with a small smile.

authors note: hey besties i'm having a little bit of writers block for the past like 5 days, but I seem to be bouncing back. this is just a little chapter but a big one is coming up!
also have you seen pagets recent tweet??? i love her so much but she's 52 💔 anyways look at my wife she's so pretty