I'm Sorry.

tw: language, cheating, trauma

authors note: read to end seggsies.

I walk out of Hotch's office and Emily is walking up the stairs. I smile and she smiles back. "Hey love." Emily says.

"Hey, is it okay if we go home early tonight?" I ask.

Emily nods and walks closer to me, her hands slip around my body to the small of my waist and I shift uncomfortably. "Sure, what time?" She asks.

"6?" I suggest.

Emily smiles and nods. "I can make that work." I see her eyes on my lips and I bite my lip and pull away. I want to kiss her, I just can't with that vision in my mind. I smile and turn to walk away when she grabs my wrist. "Darling? Is everything okay?" She asks hesitantly.

"Mhm." I lie.

-

At 5:30 I start prep to go home, turn in a couple case files, talk to a few people, and grab my purse. I take Emily's hand in mine when Hotch clears his throat from outside the round table room. "We've got a case."

I groan and Emily looks at me. "It's okay, let's talk on the plane."

I make a flat face. "I don't want to fight on the plane." I deadpan, before waking away.

Emily stands there in shock.

-

We don't talk to each other during the briefing and when we get on the plane I sit with JJ, leaving her to sit by Rossi. Which was unfair of me, but i'm upset and I don't want to overreact in front of everyone.

We get to the police station and it's Emily, Hotch, and I. The lead detective approaches me and I can clearly see she's gay, so I smirk. "Agents, i'm uh-" Her gaze goes to my smirking face and she looses her train of thought, kind of cute honestly. "Sorry i'm Detective Mahina Lopez." She finishes.

I nod with a small smile. "Protector of the moon right? Greek mythology?" I ask.

Emily shoots me a weird look and Mahina smiles. "Yeah actually, how did you know that?"

I lick my teeth and laugh. "I guess I just know my stuff."

Hotch gives me the same weird look Emily gave me, but with less anger. "I'm Agent Hotchner, and these are agents Prentiss and Pierce." He introduces us.

I smirk lightly as I stick out my hand and she shakes it. "First name?" Mahina asks me.

"Ariana." I tell her.

Emily shakes her hand then slips it into mine. "And i'm Emily, Arianas girlfriend."

I look over at her. I was flirting with Mahina and I didn't even mean to, it was like I got so upset with Emily I slipped away. I nod and lick my lip. "Mhm."

-

Throughout the day Mahina continues to flirt and for the most part I shut it down, I don't want Emily to feel like she can't trust me. She can and it was immature of me to flirt with another woman, let alone be upset with her over something from two years ago.

Emily and I grab our room keys and she's completely silent and cold, ice cold. She had reason to be upset too. We walk in the doors and set our bags down and I tight lip smile at her. "Our rooms nice." I state.

She groans and looks down to her feet. "Aria what the fuck was that all day?"

I bite my lip. I don't know what to say i'm acting immature. "I don't know, I guess i'm a little bit upset with you and I let it get out of hand." I confess.

Emily nods. "Yes you did. Why are you even mad at me to begin with?"

I sit on our bed. "You're gonna be mad." I state.

"Spit it out." She instructs.

I inhale quickly. "Locke."

Emily groans loudly. "Are you fucking kidding me? You've GOT to be kidding me. 2 years Ariana, 2 mother fucking years."

I hold back tears. I know it's been 2 years, I can't help how I feel. "I know, sometimes I just think about it and it upsets me, and I tried to stop it and let it go and I just-" I trail off my words. "I don't know."

"So you think about something from YEARS ago and you get to blatantly flirt with other women in-front of me?! That's bullshit Ariana. Complete and utter bullshit." Emily deadpans.

I look up to meet her eyes and nod. "I know."

Emily kicks off her shoes and I bite my lip. "THATS IT? I KNOW?" She scoffs.

"Emily I swear to god, do not yell at me." I deadpan.

Emily sits back facing me on the other side of the bed. "I know babe, i'm sorry."

I bite my lip. "I'm sorry too, i'm sorry for flirting with Mahina and i'm sorry for not letting it go. I thought I had, I really did, and then boom that stupid vision of you with her. Ahhh I just, I hate it." I explain.

Emily turns around and grabs my shoulder, I turn to face her. "I'm sorry I did that, i'm even more sorry you had to see it." She apologizes. Her eyes are glassy, holding back tears.

"I'm sorry, I think we just need to set up ground rules or something." I suggest.

"Rules?" Emily asks.

"No flaking on plans we've made with each other at all, no flirting with other people- And yes I know you use flirting to get what you want, but just cool it? Please?" I ask.

Emily nods with a small smile. "Anything for you love."

I kick off my shoes and crawl to the center of the bed, Emily moves to the center too. I grab her hand and rest my head on her chest. "I love you a lot, i'm sorry for overreacting." I tell her.

She moves her fingers to run through my hair and kisses my head. "You didn't overreact." Emily states. "I love you to pluto."

I look up with a small smile. "And back." I state.

Her two fingers grab my chin and lift it so she can kiss my lips. Her lips rest against mine and her fingers continue to lift my face to meet hers. She inserts her tongue and kisses me gently before releasing my chin and pulling away. I smile happily and she smiles softly back.

"You're still moving in right?" Emily asks.

I nod with a grin. "Oh hell yeah."

-

The team works the case within 4 days and we get on the jet and go home. I keep my distance from Detective Lopez and stay with Emily, though we aren't supposed to go out in the field together Aaron let's us bend the rules a bit, because we're such close friends. Emily and I sit next to each other, and our hands tangled into each other.

"Have you ever lived with a partner?" I ask her.

Emily's eyes furrow and she bites her lip. She looks like she's looking back on something she doesn't want to be. "Yeah a long time ago." She tells me.

I nod. "You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."

She shakes her head. "No it's something I want to talk to you about, just not now okay."

I squeeze her hand. "I'm ready to listen when you're ready to tell."

Emily Prentiss pov:

Ian Doyle, my ex fiancé, my former case, my biggest regret, my tragic love story. A story that needs to be told, especially to Aria. She deserves to know more about my past, about me. Just not yet, i'm afraid he may be coming back for me.

authors note: BESTIES FAT PLOT TWIST NEXT CHAPTER AJHH MAKE SURE TO READ IT