Chapter Five.

tw: smut, language

tw: smut, language

It had been 3 weeks since Emily and I had that one night stand and nothing has happened since. We were just friends and though I wanted more than that, it felt right. She was more distant than normal, but still spent a lot of time at my desk. Occasionally we would car pool and sometimes she would bring me coffee, that was the only time we ever spent alone.

The team was healing slowly, we were all taking shifts with Spencer to make sure he didn't relapse on dilaudid. Rossi came back to work a week after the case, he spent that week with Gideon and Strauss' children and grieving Strauss himself. Emily was right, Dave loved Strauss and he lost her, the woman he loved. I can't imagine the pain that he's going through. I met Haley and Jack finally, Jack is adorable, and he's got quite the dad. There was something off about Haley, everything about her wasn't near polite. She was clearly uncomfortable and hiding something which made me angry. Despite that, slowly but surely we were healing.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I hear Derek shouting from across the room. "Emily's got a date tonight!" He teases and my eyes flick to her immediately.

I'm kind of jealous, it's not like we were ever a thing, but I wanted us to be. "Shut it Derek!" She scolds and her eyes go to me, a sympathetic look on her face. I force a fake smile onto my face.

JJ laughs. "Who's the guy?"

Emily shakes her head. "I'm not telling any of you anything ever again."

I go back down to my paperwork, Derek whispers from across the room. "What's up with you and Pierce?" I don't look up. "Just girl stuff. Nothing really, why?" She asks him. "You guys are really close and it's just strange to not have her teasing you about this mystery guy with us." He tells her. "Maybe she just doesn't want to get up in my business like you guys have." She jokes and Morgan shakes his head. "It's more than that." He tells her, before walking off. He was right, it was more than that.

-

The day goes by and Emily and I do our separate things but JJ and I sit at her desk while we do paperwork. "So I accidentally called Detective LaMontagne Detective Lemorang." She tells me.

I erupt with laughter. "Like lemorang pie?" I say through laughing, my eyes watering at this point.

"Yes." She croaks out, laughing as well. "He's kind of cute though and he thought it was funny." Her cheeks red.

I laugh at her. "You genuinely thought it was lemorang?"

"I did." She says midst laughing uncontrollably with me.

"Well damn, I understand why. We need subtitles to even understand that man!" I joke. We continue talking for about an hour when I see Emily walk into the restroom. "I've gotta use the bathroom. I'll be back." I tell JJ. I don't think twice, I don't worry, I don't care for anyone else opinion; I just go get my girl.