Family.

tw: smut, foster care system, language

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

tw: smut, foster care system, language.

"Who's Emily intensely talking to?" Kassidy asks as I open her bedroom door.

"There was gonna be a little boy coming to stay with us, but I guess he's not anymore." I explain.

"Whats his story?" She asks. It's evident she's been through this before.

"His mom is Em's friend, she's got cancer." I explain.

"So you would be taking us all in at once?" Kass asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "I guess so, he's not here, it sounds like his mom got it figured out, but if he were to come stay it would be temporary."

"So are we." Kassidy states.

"You guys are different, we don't know where our family's story is going." I explain. The twins got here 2 days ago, but it took a little longer to transfer Kassidy.

"Family?" She asks.

I nod. "Family, as of right now we are family. Understood?" I ask with a smile.

Kassidy shrugs her shoulders. "Okay."

"Well, this is your room." I tell her and she walks in.

She looks around the room and furrows her brows. "It's empty..." She mutters.

I nod. "Well we bought a twin bed and a gray sheet and comforter set because we know you need that, but we want this to be your room. So pick a paint color, we'll go to 5 below, or T.J Max, or home goods, or anywhere you want, just not too pricey and you can pick out all of the decor." I explain.

She smiles and looks around the room. "It's got potential."

I nod. "It sure does."

She looks over at me. "Thanks."

I shrug my shoulders and smile softly. "It's no biggie, it was Em's idea anyways."

Emily walks in the room. "Hey." She deadpans.

Suddenly a loud noise is heard in the twins' room. I run in there and Emily follows me. "What was that noise?!" I ask raising my eyebrows. They just look at us. "Millie?" I say with a smile.

"I threw a book at the wall." She confesses.

I look at Emily. "Don't do that." Emily states. Don't judge! we're still getting the hang of this.

-

I look in the pantry which is loaded with food. Emily sneaks up behind me and rubs my shoulders. "I don't know what to make for dinner." I tell her.

"Oh c'mon our pantry and fridge are jam packed there's gotta be something." Emily says.

"Well there's food, I just don't know how to make that food into a healthy meal for the girls." I explain.