Rushing.

tw: language, death, murder, court, police bastardization, child neglection, smut

I loose my ability to breathe. "What?" I croak out.

He groans. "You heard me."

I blink multiple times trying to see if this is a dream. I drop my body into the chair in-front of him desk and we simply stare at each other. "Let's start with Hayley."

He puts his hands behind his head and leans back in his chair. "This letter was in my mailbox this morning." He says looking at the paper.

I look down at the paper and pick it up. Haley's handwriting is very neat.

Hello Aaron,
I'm back in town, my boyfriend and I have gotten serious and he would like to meet Jack. I would also like to see my son, I still have part time custody, and this weekend is my weekend so i'm taking him.

"Jack doesn't even know-"

Aaron cuts me off. "Keep reading."

He's gotten big Aaron. He's 6 now and he needs a mother, to love and raise him. I drove past the house and saw a darker woman playing with him. He called her mom, now that's just untrue. I'm his mother, that's your skank. Are you even married to her? It's premature of you to allow him to call her that. I'm sure my lawyer will agree. Did I mention i'm taking you to court for full custody? Well, I am. 6 pm friday, our house.
- kisses, Hayley Hotchner.

"Are you fucking kidding me? She can take you to court all she wants, but she won't win. She disappeared for a year and a half. Jack has a mama." I deadpan.

He shakes his head. "The court is gonna favor her, she's the mother. They always favor moms. She also right, it was premature of me to move in with Char, but he just started calling her mom a few weeks ago."

This day has officially gone to shit. "File a restraining order, she's been stalking you at your home, watching your kid play from her car." I deadpan.

"She's his mother, I can't." He tells me.

I groan and shake my head. "This is so unfair."

Aaron nods. "No kidding." I look around the room and back squeeze my eyes shut. Poor Jack, that little boy doesn't deserve this. "Ariana if she's serious about this, i need your help." I look at him and nod. "Can you testify for me?"

"What?" I ask.

He bites his lip. "There's the option of writing a letter, but if you stand up in court and explain your point of view on why I deserve full custody, it would look really good." He begs.

I nod. "No of course I will. I just want Jack happy and safe and at home with you and Charmaine." I assure him. All I can think about is Abby, we can get him on all counts, she can get her justice. It's a shame about her life had to be lost in order for it to happen though. She can finally rest in peace.