Christopher.

tw: language, abandonment

I straighten my hair in my mirror and Emily does her makeup next to me. "Do you think he's gonna like me?" I ask.

Emily smiles reassuringly. "Are you kidding me? He's gonna love you."

"I'm scared Emily." I tell her.

She sets the makeup down and turns to me. Her hands move to my neck. "It's all going to be okay. I promise you it's gonna be okay." She assures. She kisses my lips gently and smiles.

I smile back. "You're so pretty." I compliment.

Emily grins. "I love you."

"I love you." I tell her back.

"We have to get going in the next 15 minutes if you want to stop for coffee." Emily tells me.

"And donuts." I suggest with a small smile.

"Love, we're literally going to breakfast." Emily says laughing.

"I know, but i'm hungry." I whine.

"You're a dork." Emily states.

"Okay." I say slyly.

-

Emily and I pick up the coffee and donuts and drive to La Plata. A drive full of me on edge and music blasting to try to keep me sane. Emily's hand rubs my thigh and I snap into focus. "There! Make a left." I tell her, pointing at Pennys dinner.

Emily pulls into the parking lot and parks. "Breathe love. Breathe." She says trying to comfort me.

"What if he doesn't like me?" I ask panicked.

"Impossible." She assures.

"C'mon lets do this thing." I groan.

We get out of the car and Emily holds my hand, I walk up to the front door of the diner. I pause for A minute and Emily looks the glass. "That's him." She states.

I look back at her. "How do you know?"

Emily smiles. "He looks like you."

"Really?" I ask and Emily nods.

"Love, i'm so proud of you." Emily tells me and I smile widely. I kiss her softly and brush my nose against hers as I pull away. "We've been spotted." Emily tells me and I turn around. She's right, we've been spotted.

I open the door and pull Emily by her hand in with me. I smile and approach the waitress. "Can you tell me which table Christopher Pierce is seated at?"

A man clears his throat and Emily and I turn to face him, the one Emily said looks like me. "Just Chris." He corrects.

I smile and shake his hand. "It's nice to meet you." I say.