Birthday Bash.

tw: language

tw: language.
authors note: I want to kith her.

"Happy birthday!" Emily says excitedly as she approaches my desk. It's September 3rd, and today is my 32nd birthday.

I spin in my chair to face her, she's carrying a big sheet cake in her right hand, balloons are tied to a gift bag in her left hand. She cared so much, she just wanted to make me happy. She's the only one who remembered besides Spence with his eidetic memory and Hotch. "Hey, can we not celebrate another year of me growing old?" I joke.

She smirks. "You're still as pretty as you've ever been, it not prettier." She flirts.

It's been 3 weeks since that night in her house, we hadn't done anything since not even a kiss. She kept doing nice things from buying me snacks to coffee to flowers with cute notes; even holding my hand under the round table when she could tell a case made me uncomfortable. She needed me to know how much she still wanted me. I know, i'm just scared, this whole love thing is terrifying. Not only that, but the thought of her cheating again gave me nightmares. I'm afraid to be as vulnerable as I once was.

I smile giddily and she grins. "This is for you Ariana." She says setting the gift bag in my hand.

I grin. "Em! You didn't have to get me anything."

She sets the cake on my cluttered desk. "I wanted to dummy!" Kiss her, kiss her, kiss her, kiss her. A lot of self restraint coming through right now. I flutter my eyes up to meet hers and she makes eye contact. "Go on, open it!" Emily urges.

I open the bag and inside is a black velvet box. I look back up at her and she nods. I take the box out of the little white bag and look up at Emily. "I'm afraid to open it." I confess.

"What? Why?" She asks.

I put the white bag on my desk and hold the box in my hand. "What if it's the nicest, sweetest thing anyone's there done for me and then i'm gonna want to-" I trail my words off.

"What're the gifts for and where's mine?" Derek asks jokingly as he walks past my desk and to his. He and I have our desks right next to each other.

Emily smiles. "Today is Aria's birthday!" She announces excitedly.

"It's really nothing Emily's making a big deal for nothing." I shut down the excitement.

She shakes her head. "No you're important." She deadpans.

Morgan looks at me back to Emily and then again to me. "You two?" He makes peace signs with his two hands snd smashes his hands into each other.

"Derek oh my god stop." I say with a small smile.

"Well?" He says flustered.

Emily shakes her head and smiles back to me, a small wink in her eye. She turns back to Derek and I smirk. "No Morgan. I think you've got something wrong with your memory, because we broke up." She says sarcastically.