Distance.

tw: cheating, smut

tw: cheating, smut.
authors note: y'all are in for a fat plot twist 😭.

Emily pulls me in for a long lasting kiss, the first in while. She's grown distant lately and it kind of hurt, part of me thinks she's gonna break up with me. The other part says she loves me. I grin into the kiss and she bites my lip as she comes out of it. "See you at work?" Emily asks.

I nod. "Mhm, i'm just gonna pick up some pastries and coffee for the team. I figure they could use it after us not having a case for the past 3 weeks." I say, annoyed.

She smiles. "That's nice of you."

I smile back and she grabs her car keys and purse off of the counter. "Bye." She says softly.

"I love you." I tell her, as she opens my front door.

Her smile fades and she nods and says, "Mhm." and closes the door.

What the fuck? She can't say it back? Oh god, she really is gonna dump me.

-

It's been two months since I started therapy and it's been the best thing for me. I'm healing and just talking about my experiences with Marshall is mind opening. Emily's drifted away though, a piece of me thinks it's because I'm healing and now i'm not enough for her. I hate it, the feeling of loosing her. I'm in love with her and she seems to be falling out of love. Like a healed me was too boring for her. She's stopped coming over, only spending a few nights a week with me, she doesn't even keep me up to date on her life. She isn't over at my desk as much anymore, she was over me. I missed it, I missed her. It seems like she's just using me or sick of me now.

-

I pick up the pastries and everyone's coffee order from a local cafe, a few minutes from work, and bring them into work. Reid opens the glass doors and takes the box from my hands. "OOOO, what's this?!" He asks, excitedly.

I smile. "Cinnamon buns, croissants, cookies, bagels, all of the goodies." He opens the box and fakes fainting. I let out a light laugh. "Share!" I instruct as I set the coffees down.

The whole team comes over and JJ goes to grab Pen, Emily stays over at her desk. I place my purse at my desk and sit in my chair. Should I go over to Emily? Maybe I can just talk to her and find out what's on her mind, she's very good at hiding how she feels. After several minutes of contemplating I decide I should go talk to her. She's my best friend and my love, I need to figure out what's on her mind. I roll my chair over to her desk and spin once I reach it, a light laugh escaping my mouth.

She grins. "Hey."

I look at her pretty features. "Are we- Are you okay?" I ask hesitantly.

She inhales fast, her tell. "Yeah, i'm fine!"

I nod and look down to my feet. "You're not around as much anymore."

Emily inhales again, here come more lies. "Yeah ive just been busy, sorry. Maybe we can do something tonight."

I look up and make eye contact. "Okay." I say softly.

-

Work goes by quickly and I race back to my apartment. We didn't set anything in stone for tonight, but I want to suprise her. I throw on my red body-con dress and some black heals. I curl my red hair and put on some makeup, applying a red lip last. I can't wait to suprise her.

At the grocery store I grab a wooden mid size basket and a bouquet of red roses. I spot her favorite chocolates on the shelf and throw them into the basket, continuing to grab a fruit tray and our favorite drinks. I pay for my items at the self checkout and see JJ and Detective Lemorang holding hands as they walk into the store. "JJ!" I call out to her.

She spots me and her face falls. Her and Will were dating and she didn't tell me! She walks over and Will follows. "Hey Aria, this is Will." She introduces.

I nod and stick out my hand. "Lemorang, i've heard so much about you."

JJs cheeks go red and he laughs as he shakes my hand. "Le dolla bean, i've also heard a lot about you."

I laugh and JJ looks me up and down. "You're dressed nice. Got a hot date tonight?" She teases.

I pick up the basket off of the shelf. "I do and that hot date goes by the name of Emily. I've got to get going, but JJ I am going to grill you on this tomorrow."

She nods. "Trust me, I know you are."

"Lemorang it was great to see you off of a case." I deadpan and begin my walk out of the grocery store. I turn around to see them watching me leave and I grin.

I pick up a bottle of red wine from the liquor store and finally i've arrived at Emily's place. I sit outside in the car while I organize the basket to look cute. I take a few deep breaths and get out of the car, a happy feeling overcoming my body.

I walk up the stairs of her apartment complex and reach her door. I knock once, no answer. I knock again, again no answer. 'Or she could just not be home, slow your roll Aria' I tell myself. I turn the door handle and it opens, worry flows through me. I push the door open and slowly step in side. Her apartment's clean, there's no blood, suddenly I hear noises coming from her bedroom. Panting and moaning. She could be trying to break free of a captor, or she could be- No. She wouldn't.

I bite my lip at the thought of what I may be about to see. I step farther into the apartment and the noises get louder. I turn the door handle and her bedroom door goes open. My heart shatters in that moment. Emily laying on her back in bed, back arched, eyes shut, legs wide, her naked body there. In between her spread legs was a woman in only a bra and underwear, the woman's face buried into her pussy. The past few seconds of seeing the woman I love betraying me felt like minutes, hours even.

I drop the basket onto the floor loudly and Emily's eyes flick open quickly, only to find me. A tear runs down my cheek and her face fills with shock. Suddenly I scream, I don't know why, but it was loud, and the harder I screamed, the more the tears fell. The woman jumps out of Emily's bed and Emily sits up.

I kick the basket into her room and slam the door.

authors note: don't worry besties their gonna be fine.