Revival.

tw: language

tw: language

"You have to tell us what happened!" Penelope whines.

I shake my head. "Absolutely not."

"If you don't tell us what happened how will we know whether to be mad at her or not?" JJ asks with attitude.

"Exactly you don't, so you're just nice." I say knowingly.

Just then Emily walks through the glass doors with a smile and coffee. She looks really pretty and happy. I admire her for a moment and they both spot me. "YOU'RE CHECKING OUT EMILY!" Penelope shouts.

I glare at her. "Penelope I swear to god if you don't quiet down."

She makes a flat face. "Sorry."

"What do we say to her, how do we act around her?" JJ panics.

"Shes the same old Emily to you guys! You're blowing this way out of proportion, c'mon we will all go talk to her." I suggest as I stand up.

"You don't have to." JJ tells me.

I shake my head. "I want to, Emily and I can still be friends."

Penelope and JJ follow me to Emily's desk which is only 10 feet away. "Hey!" I say to her.

She looks up and smiles widely. "Hello ladies."

JJ smiles. "We're so happy to have you back Em."

"I'm happy to be back!" She says excitedly.

"I've got to go back to my desk, but friends right?" I ask Emily.

She nods. "Yes, yes, yes. I love that idea."

My heart drops into my gut, I thought she was gonna say she loved me. Then I would cry. "Yeah yeah hahah." I say awkwardly and turn around.

Her eyes stay on my figure as I walk, which was weird I don't know why.

-

We all work pretty late, Emily, Aaron, and I later than the others. By 9:30 we are all pretty tired and don't really speak to each other. Which was okay, talking to Emily was really frightening. I didn't want to slip up and say the wrong thing.

"Hey, you uh- You're still here?" Emily asks me, it's now 9:50.

I look up at her face. "Yeah unfortunately. It's only your first day, how are you still here?" I ask, faking being shocked. As if I hadn't been looking over at her every 5 minutes.

She smiles. "Well I thought I would catch up on some things and I really like the quiet here."

I smile back. "I guess we broke that quiet huh?" I joke.

She bites her lip. "Yeah, but I don't mind. I like your voice, it's better than the quiet."

Was she flirting? I look up into her eyes then trail them back to my paperwork. "Yours is nice too, comforting." I tell her.