They're Keeping Secrets

Josuke dragged me all the way back to the manor. We entered through the front doors, and he finally let go of my hand. Koichi and Okayasu were still following us. Josuke walked through the house until he found all the Joestar's in the living room.

   " Y/n, I thought you were going to meet with that man about the house. " Jonathan said.

   " I did but-"

   " Yoshikage Kira is the landlord. " Josuke said, interrupting me. 

I could see most of their eyes widen, and I was once again left confused about what was going on. 

   " Did he-" 

   " No, he didn't. There were too many people around. " Josuke said, cutting Jotaro off.

I pulled my hand away from Josuke and looked around the room. Their eyes were all on Josuke and me.

   " Okay, I need some answers. Every time I meet someone, You all go crazy about it. I would like to know why and for what reason I should stay away from them. "

    " Y/n, you trust us, don't you? " Joseph asked.

   " Yes, I do. "

   " Then trust us when we say it's someone you should not be around. "

   " But why? I want to know why I shouldn't be around them. And for your information, I have to have contact with Mr. Kira because he is the landlord. His company is anyway. "

   " Cara, please remain calm. Everything will be explained in time. It isn't the best time right now. Per favore amore mio ( Please, my love ). "

   " I am calm. But I need an explanation. You all just can't tell me who to not talk to and not give me a reason. "

No one had said anything. I took it as a sign that they weren't going to tell me yet. I just shook my head at them and walked out of the room. I walked to the front door and decided I would take a walk. I didn't really care where I was going, but I just wanted to be alone. I walked away from the street and towards town. The sun was still up, and it would be a few hours before it started to set. So, I had plenty of time to wander around before I walked back. There weren't a lot of people on the streets since lunch had passed. The sun was still shining with barely any clouds in the sky, and the birds were awake and chirping still. I managed to walk to a bridge that went over a small water ditch. I stood in the middle of the bridge and looked down at the water. It was clear, and the sun was reflecting off of it. 

   ' Why can't they just tell me? What's the point in telling me not to speak to certain people when they don't even tell me why? And why is Melina doing this to me? What is she hiding that she couldn't tell me about and left me behind to watch over her house? '

You sighed as you continued to look a the water. It sparkled under the sunlight and calmed you a bit.

   " Excuse me, miss. "

You looked to your left and saw someone walking up the bridge. His appearance seemed familiar to you, but you couldn't recognize him. 

   " Yes? "

   " Are you okay? You seem sad and lonely. "

The man wore a purple tank crop top, and his hair was a lighter shade of the shirt. It was actually pink. His pants were purple, and he paired them with black boots. You looked into his brown eyes.

   " Just, a lot going on. "

   " Care to share with a stranger? It might help. "

   " Why not? It's not like I have anything else to lose right now. "

   " Okay, there's a bench on the opposite side of this bridge. Why don't we sit down and talk there? "

   " Sure. "

You walked over to the bench with the man and sat down with him beside you. You crossed your legs and folded your arms.

   " My friends are just very protective, and they don't like it when I talk to certain people. Whenever I ask them why none of them can give me a reason. I'm just frustrated with it at this point because they won't tell me. "

   " What if they can't? If they do tell you, something bad might happen. "

   " That's a different situation. And I don't think that's the case. Because one of them said that they would tell me in time. "

   " Oh, yeah, that does sound like it is a different situation then. Maybe you could threaten them? "

   " Threaten them? "

   " Yeah, do you live with them, or do you not? "

   " I do. "

   " Threaten to leave. There are hotels and apartments around that you could rent and live in. So, threaten to leave. "

   " But isn't that a bit too far? "

   " It might be but, you're not supposed to keep secrets from your friends. Especially when you live with them. "

   " That's true. I never got your name, by the way. "

   " Vinegar Doppio is my name, but you can call me Doppio. "

   ' I remember him now. He was in that one file about 'The Boss.' In the file, the Boss was unknown while he might have been a brother or an accomplice to the boss. '

   " It's nice to meet you, Doppio. I'm Y/n. "

   " It's nice to meet you too. I saw you looking distressed, so I thought I would come and help. "

   " That's very kind of you. "

   " Thank you. "

Doppio was nice, but you thought he was crazy when he started making phone sounds. He looked around and then looked at a banana peel that was on the ground.

   " I've got to take this excuse me. "

Doppio picked up the banana peel and held it to his ear like it was a phone. 

   ' I'm going to pretend this is normal. I'm going to pretend this is normal. '

He talked on the 'phone' for a little bit before throwing the banana peel back on the ground. Doppio stood up from the bench and turned towards me, showing me a small smile.

   " I need to go. Work calls. I hope your day gets better Y/n. "

   " Thanks, Doppio. Good luck at work. "

   " Arrivederci. "

   " Arrivederci. "

He looked at you puzzled after hearing your reply to him in his native language. He didn't think you knew Italian. You waved at him as he walked off, and you decided to stay on the bench a little while longer before heading back.