A Little Time with Jonathan

At breakfast, everything was silent and awkward as breakfast was presented to us. I ate my food in silence and so did the rest of the others. Jotaro seemed to be the only one enjoying the silence.

   ' Everyone will be gone today for work and classes. I'll be home alone today, unless Jonathan stays behind to work in his office. '

I finished my meal and put my plate in the sink. I didn't say anything and I walked to the library. I grabbed a couple of books and sat down on the couch to read them and take notes for work. I started writing down my notes and anything that was deemed important in the books. 

   " Y/n? "

I looked towards the door and saw Jonathan standing in the doorway. He was wearing his usual formal clothing, but his shoes were off. Jonathan walked into the library and took a seat on the couch beside me.

   " Everyone's has left to go to classes and to work, but I'll be working from home today. So, if you need me at all, just come find me. "

   " Okay, thank you, Jonathan. "

Everything was silent once more, and the awkward silence from the breakfast table came into the library. I focused on the book and my notes, but I stopped when I felt a hand on my head, petting me.

   " Y/n, I want to apologize for last night. Everything got out of hand and things were said. I know it's overwhelming for you, but know that we're not going to pressure you. We're going to let you decide if you want to be with one of us or any of us at all, but we plan to respect your boundaries. "

   " I appreciate it, Jonathan. It was just a lot last night. "

   " I know. It was, and we won't push you to do anything or to pick someone. "

   " Okay, thank you again. " I said smiling at him.

   ' You know, now that I think about it, I haven't spent that much time with Jonathan. I talk with him here and there, but I haven't done anything with him. '

   " Jonathan, what are your plans for the day? "

   " I've finished with my work for today yesterday and I was going to clean up some stuff in my office, and then. . .I'm not sure after that. "

   " Let me help you clean your office, and then let's do something together. I haven't spent a lot of time with you lately. "

   " You don't have to do that. I can do it. "

   " Let me help, and then you can teach me how to make desserts or some kind of food. Since you're a good chief. "

   " You won't let me say no? "

   " Exactly, now let's go to your office. "

I stood up from the couch and left the notes and books on the table. I left the library, with Jonathan following behind me, and I went towards his office. When I opened the door, I saw a lot of papers everywhere, and a wax candle that was burnt up.

   " Jonathan you just need to pick up your papers and throw the candle away. You talked earlier like it's as messy as Josuke's room. "

   " To me, cleanliness is important. I need to pick up these papers, throw away the candles, and open my windows to air out the room of the burned candle. "

   " I'll open the windows and throw the candle out while you start on the papers. "

   " Sounds good to me. "

I walked over to the window without stepping on the papers that were scattered on the floor, and I flipped the latches open. I pulled the window up and latched the locks again so it would stay up. I grabbed the candles that were burned up, and I carried them to the trash can in the room. I put them in the trash and I walked to the supply closet and saw a few candles. I grabbed them and walked back to the study. I opened the door and saw most of the papers cleaned up.

   ' He works fast. '

I placed the new candles where the old ones sat, and I started picking up the rest of the papers with Jonathan. I picked them up, without crinkling them and I set them on the desktop. Jonathan set his stack of papers on his desk and turned to me smiling.

   " Thank you, for helping me. "

   " Don't mention it. "

   " I'm not sure what else we could do, but I'll teach you to bake some if you want. "

   " Sure, why not. "

Jonathan opened the door to the study and let me leave first.