They Were Close

Jotaro and Joseph both ended up going with you to the house. You didn't mind at all, but you just hoped to get a hold of your friend, but she wouldn't answer the phone. You called her three times and she never picked up any of those times. You decided to try and find the previous owner's name somewhere to get their contact information. You, Jotaro, and Joseph were crossing the street right now to get to your house. You could see glass on the ground and the front door was wide open. The closer you got the closer you felt on edge. You looked around the living room when you first got to the door. You didn't see anyone and walked inside. Joseph and Jotaro followed you. You looked towards the stairs and saw an indent in the wood where the arrow had hit after going through you.

   " That's where I got hit. "

   " He must have a lot of strength to leave that deep of a dent in the stairs. Those stairs are solid wood. " Joseph said looking at the crevis. 

   " He looked strong. The office is right over here. "

You led them to the office and the doors were wide open. Everything looked to be in the same place you left it. The arrow was gone but everything else seemed to be there.

   " It looks like he only took the arrow. Everything else is still here. "

You walked over to the desk, walking on the glass with your shoes, and opened the drawers to try and find any papers of ownership. The boys looked around the room.

   " That's going to cost you quite a bit to be fixed, and that crevis in the floor isn't anything to sneeze at either. " Joseph said standing beside you. 

   " Jonathan said you work in real estate. "

   " And I'm good at my job. I'll see if I can help you get it fixed up, doll. "

   " Thank you, Joseph. "

   " Joseph. "

You and Joseph looked up at Jotaro. He was standing in front of the case and mask. Inside the case was the necklace and above it was the stone mask. Jotaro gestured for Joseph to take a closer look and Joseph left your side. You continued to go through the desk to find any documents that Melina had. You opened one drawer and found piles of papers. You moved the glass out of the chair and picked the papers out of the desk drawer. You set them on the desk and started going through them. A lot of the papers were junk papers and they didn't need to be there but you were going to leave no stone unturned. 

   " Y/n. Do you know what this is? "

You looked up at Joseph and Jotaro. Joseph was holding the stone necklace and Jotaro was still staring at the mask on the wall.

   " No. It's Melina's. I told you guys before, she liked to collect a lot of different things. Over there are some different nail polishes, rings, and there are some files over there about different places. "

   " But do you know about...the history behind this necklace? "

   " Or the mask? " Jotaro enquired. 

   " I don't. I just know that Melina went to a lot of different places and brought back souvenirs. They were just here. "

   " What is Melina's job? " Jotaro asked

   " I'm not sure. I think an archeologist. She has to travel a lot or work from home, but I can only assume archeologist. "

   " She never told you? "

   " She probably did a long time ago. I know she majored in soil sciences in college. "

   " Let's go upstairs. "

You nodded and left the papers. You walked upstairs and saw all of the doors opened. You walked through every room to not see anything messed up or stolen. When you got to the master bedroom everything was disheveled. The intruder came in here and knew you were there. This sent a chill up your back. You walked into the room to see the mattress slightly moved over. 

   " He was looking for me. He checked to see if I was under the bed first. "

You looked towards the closet to see your clothes and Melina's old clothes on the floor.

   " Then, he checked the closet. "

You looked over to the secret passageway that you escaped through. The pillows were off the couch and the seat was thrown across the room. He knew where you had gone. You walked over to the seat and looked down the passage. The door was left open by the intruder. You felt a cold front meet you and you felt fear tackle you. You stood up and turned to Joseph. You grabbed his arms and gripped them trying to let out your frustration. He held your arms back and looked worried. 

   " Joseph, did you see anyone when I showed up at your door? "

   " I'm not sure. I looked out of the house after you passed out and didn't see anyone. Why? "

   " The intruder might know I ran to your house. The door to the passageway was left open, he could have seen me run to your house. "

   " Even if he did you don't have anything to worry about. We'll protect you. "

   " But-But-"

A hand was placed on your shoulder and you turned to see Jotaro. He only nodded his head at you and your shaking stopped. You let go of Joseph and stood on your own. 

   " Thank you, guys. "

   " We're friends and neighbors so of course, we would help you. "

   " And we're Joestars. " Jotaro said with a small ghost of a smile. 

You smiled at their bond and walked to the closet.

   " I'll start packing then. You guys can look around and if you see anything let me know. "

   " We will. "

   " If you want to be in my arms again let me know. " Joseph said winking. 

You rolled your eyes and started packing up your clothes.