Contacting the Landlord

When you woke up you showered and prepared yourself to call the landlord. You set the hairdryer down and walked out of the bathroom. You grabbed the piece of paper from the desk and grabbed your phone. You unlocked your phone and saw a couple of text messages. 

Jonathan: I had to go into work today instead of working from home. I hope you're not lonely today by yourself in the house. You have my number if anything happens or you want to call me.

Josuke: Hey, Y/n! I'm in school right now, but if you want to you can text me later or when you get up.

Giorno: Good morning, cara. I'm away on some business but if you need anything at all give me a call.

Joseph: Morning beautiful! I wanted to message you before I start work. You looked really cute this morning. I'll take a look at the damage at Melina's house today and figure out what we can do and the cost. If you need me at all message me. Or if you just want to talk to me and tell me you love me feel free to call me at any point. 

There were no messages from Jotaro, but I assumed he was in class. I left the messaging app and went to call the number. I typed the number in and I hesitated to press the call button. I felt nervous.

   " Don't be nervous. It's just a person, that's all it is. A person. "

I put my finger on the button but I slid my finger off of it and the call never was conducted.

   " I can do this. This person doesn't know me and I don't know them. I'll be fine. "

   " What are you doing? "

I turned around and saw Jotaro standing in my doorway. His hands were in his pockets and he was standing in the doorway. 

   " I'm about to call the old landlord about the house. I found his number among the papers. Why are you here? You have classes. "

   " I ditched. "

   " Why? "

   " I told you. I'm going to help you go through the rest of the files. "

   " But school-"

   " Just call the number, before I grab your phone and do it. " 

Jotaro walked further into the room and laid on my bed. He picked up the first file and started reading it. I pressed the call button after taking a deep breath and put the phone up to my ear. I could hear the ringing and my heart was beating fast. Jotaro was still on my bed and reading through the file. I walked over to the bed and leaned against the post to look at the file with him. The file didn't talk about much, and it mentioned a few people I've heard about. Like Speedwagon, Okayasu, and many more. 

   " Hello? "

I felt my body become straighter when the voice spoke.

   " Hi, is this the landlord? "

   " It is. Who is this? "

   " This is Y/n. I'm a friend of Melina's. I was wondering if you had any contact with her as of late? "

   " I talked with her some time ago. She talked with me about the house and ownership. "

   " I haven't been able to get in contact with her for quite some time. It's as if she disappeared on her trip. "

   " Has she not informed you of what she is doing? "

   " No, do you know? "

   " I do. Let me find the papers. "

I heard shuffling on the other end of the phone. I walked to the other side of the bed and sat down beside Jotaro. I heard the man come back on the phone. Surprisingly he didn't sound old, but young.

   " It says here she has transferred ownership. "

   " Transferred ownership? "

   " Yes, there's a lot to discuss and a lot to look over. Especially since you have no understanding of what is going on. Would you like to meet me somewhere and we can discuss these papers? "

   " Sure. Where and what time? "

   " Would three-thirty work at a cafe in town? "

   " Sure. "

He told me the name of the cafe and I hung up. I set my phone aside and grabbed a file.

   " What did they say? "

   " They said that Melina might have transferred the ownership of the house to me. He said that there is a lot to look over and that it would be best if we meet up and talk about it. THere's a whole contract and stuff. "

   " When are you going? I have to meet him at three-thirty. "

He nodded his head and continued to read his file. The file I had only really contained the blueprints of the house. Then I pulled out some of the books and put them aside seeing nothing in them. I leaned my head on Jotaro's shoulder and looked at another file. I opened it and saw my picture. I took my head off of Jotaro's shoulder and started reading the file. 

(Except you)

(Except you)

Name: Y/n
Hair: H/c
Eyes: E/c
Job: Somewhere in business
Relationship: My best friend in the whole entire world
Notes: I've known this person since my senior year of high school.
Y/n is the most amazing person I know and she is very kind. I know she is the only other person I can ask to watch over my house while I leave. Hopefully, she won't question anything about it and she'll just watch the house. I hate to put her in this situation but no one else will do it. Maybe if I can come back then I could ask her to live with me. She could transfer her job down here. I miss hanging out with her and it's been lonely without being able to see her in person. I hope she can forgive me.

I went further into the file and saw pictures of the college and high school we both attended. There were pictures of me throughout the file and she was with me in some of the pictures.

   ' What in the world is Melina doing? Is it so secretive she regrets having me watch her house? '

   " Did you finally find the file over yourself? "

   " I did. "

   " Let me see. "

I handed him the file and he looked through it. I looked at the box of files and Jotaro handed me the file back. I set the file down on my lap and looked at Jotaro.

   " I wish I knew what Melina was doing. I'm really curious about what the hell is going on. "

   " Maybe Melina was in some trouble. "

   " I don't know. "

I felt a hand on my head and I looked to Jotaro. He rubbed the top of my head.

   " You'll figure it out. "

   " Thanks, Jotaro. "

I turned away from him and came face to face with a purple man. It was the same man that took me from Joseph's arms back in the house. He looked Aztec.

   " So, you can see him. "