Picnic Pt. 2

" So, have you decided? "

   " Decided what? "

   " Did Giorno not tell you? "

   " No. What is it? "

   " One of Giorno's gang members is holding a party. It's more like a ball. They're celebrating something, I can't remember, but the Joestar's were asked to attend. Giorno was supposed to ask you if you wanted to go. "

   " Sounds fun. "

   " Caesar will be there, and I'm going to have a good time messing with him. "

   " When is it? "

   " It's a month or so away. So, you got time to think about it. "

   " I'll go. Sounds fun. "

   " Great! Once we get back I'll ask GIorno what the ball is for, I can't remember what. "

I finished up the sandwich I had in my hand and looked out at the flowing river. The sun sparkled on the water and it made it seem refreshing. 

   " Might I say I did good on lunch." 

   " You did, and you somehow didn't burn the kitchen down this time. "

   " I didn't know the stove was still on! "

   " Sounds like a you problem! "

   " I'll show you 'a you problem'!"

Joseph stood up and I tried standing up to run but he picked me up bridal style before I could run. Joseph started walking to the stream. He started walking into the water, and I put my arms around his neck.

   " Joseph. " I warned. 

   " Y/n. "

   " What are you doing? "

   " Nothing, just taking a walk. "

Before anymore was said, he let go of me, and I started falling. But because of my stand, I teleported on Joseph's back.

   " What the!? "

Joseph was leaned down already so when I landed on his back he fell forward. He went face-first into the water and then he laid in the water. I took my shoes off and threw them to the side of the river. I put my bare feet into the stream and held my hand out for Joseph.

   " Let me lend you a hand. "

He took my hand and I turned him over. His face was now facing the sky and his back was now in the water. He was completely soaked.

   " You doing okay?" 

   " Just soaked, nothing wrong at all cutie. Except for this. "

Joseph grabbed my arms and pulled me into the water. He gave me a wet hug and he was smirking, as I screamed at him.

   " Joseph Joestar! "

   " Payback! "

   " It's cold! "

   " It's about to get a lot colder! "

Joseph gripped my arms and turned us around. My back hit the water and he was above me. My back was instantly soaked and my front got even wetter. The water was freezing and I felt goosebumps on my arms from the chill. Joseph let go of me and put his hands in the water to hold himself up.

   " Oh, my god, that cold! "

   " You're just a baby. It's not that cold. I didn't even whine when I hit the water! "

   " Because you're all muscle and nothing else. "

Joseph's smile was bright as he smiled down at me. His usual bedhead was gone and because his brown hair was long it was dangling from his head, wet. It was quiet as the water rushed past us, and we were just looking at each other. The smile kind of disappeared from Joseph's face and our eyes were just starring at each other. With Joseph above me and the sun behind him, it looked like something out of an aesthetically pleasing picture. The blue sky behind his head with the clouds was beautiful. 

   " Ummm Joseph. . ."

   " Yeah? " He said shaking his head with a red blush.

   " Y-You're still on top of me. "

   " I know. "

   ' What does he mean, 'I know'?'

Joseph raised one of his hands and caressed my cheek. It interrupted the water and it started bouncing around his hand. I could feel my own face start to get a little hot and the cold water didn't seem to be calming it down. 

   ' Is he going to kiss me? Should I let him? What am I even doing in this position!? '

I felt frozen to my spot in the water. I didn't know what I should do. I didn't want to hurt Joseph, but at the same time, I wasn't sure I wanted to leave. In my frozen state, I didn't realize the closeness between us, until I felt his forehead touch mine. Our faces were really close and I could feel my cheeks get even more like a tomato. I could feel his breath on my face, and my heartbeat was in my ears.

   " Joseph Joestar! "

Joseph let go of me and sat up in the water. I sat up in the water and looked to see who yelled at us. I spotted Josuke standing at the edge of the stream. I could spot Okayasu and Koichi behind him, but I only glanced at them. Josuke's face lept my attention. It looked like a mixture of betrayal and anger.

   " Josuke! BUddy! Would you mind? We were having a moment. "

   " That's why I interrupted! Get out of the water before you both get sick! "

Joseph stood from the water and held a hand down for me to take. I took his hand and he lifted me out of the water. 

   " Aww, come on! We're grown adults, leave us be. "

   " Just get over here. "

   ' Why do I feel like a mother is about to scold her child? '

We got out of the stream and Josuke, just looked angry now. But I could tell the anger wasn't directed at me, it was at Joseph. I went to stand with Koichi and Okayasu as the two brothers started talking. 

   " What were you guys doing here anyways? "

   " We're traveling to my girlfirend's house. " Koichi said.

   " She lives pretty far. "

   " She visits often. I thought it was time we all visited her. "

   " I'm still upset that you got a girlfriend before me! How?!" Okayasu yelled.