Maybe a Confession

" Hey, Giorno. "

Giorno was sitting on the grass and leaning against a tree with a book in his hand. The sun hit the water and it sparkled. The picture was one you would see in a postcard.

   " Hello, amore mio. What are you doing today? "

   " I just got out of a meeting. "

   " About Melina's house? "

   " Yeah, I decided to not sign the papers and let the bank repossess the house. I've gotta get anything I want out of there soon. "

Giorno tapped the grass next to him and set his book in his lap. I walked up to the tree and sat down beside him. The title of the book was written in Italian so I couldn't read it. He continued to face me and his hands were folded on top of his book as he gazed at me.

   " You didn't want to keep the house? "

   " Well, right now I feel safe with you and the others, seeing as how there's someone after me. "

   " I agree, but you didn't want to keep it for future use? After the person has been caught? "

   " Not really. It's Melina's house, not mine and it's very beautiful but I don't see a use for it if I'm going to live with your guys for a long time. "

   " Long time? "

   " I mean until I go back to the city. Of course I'm taking care of work through my computer but I still want to go back to the office and work there. "

   " Oh, I see. Are you going to stick around at all once the dangerous man has been caught? "

   " Yeah, I want to stick around and figure out what Melina was doing stalking your family and anyone involved. Especially how she found out so much without talking to anyone. "

   " I'm curious about that as well. I have a theory. I think she had a stand. "

   " Why do you think that? "

   " She seemed to like research, so if she were to accidentally hurt herself with the stand arrow, maybe a little cut she developed a stand. One that reads people like a book. "

   " That's a good theory, but doesn't the person have to be impailed with the arrow. To see if they get a stand or they die? "

   " That's the only kink I'm trying to work out. I don't know any other way she could have known so much about us, and seen our stands unless she had one. "

   " She did talk about stands in the files. "

   " That's why I believe she has a stand, there's no other explanation unless she just wrote that information down after hearing us talk about it. "

   " You've been thinking about this a lot haven't you? "

   " With this idea, I've also been working with my team a lot and haven't had time to relax. I had some time today and I thought I would come to the park. It's a beautiful day and the pond is nice to sit by and read. "

   " Sorry for disturbing your peace. "

   " Disturbance? Don't worry about disturbing me. Amore Mio. Ti accogliero sempre a braccia aperte (I'll always welcome you with open arms)."

   " Non capisco (I don't understand)."

   "Quindi, hai studiato la lingua italiana (So, you've been studying the Italian language)."

   " . . . "

   " Amore Mio? "

   " Non capisco. "

   " Did you only study that one phrase? "

   " Yes, I did. And I'm proud of it. It's the one phrase I need to say every time you talk to me in Italian. "

   " At least you're trying to learn the language. "

   " I am, it's interesting and I want to learn. It would be fun to speak another language and have someone understand. "

   " Keep up your studies. You are doing very well. "

   " Thank you. I'm going to go home and relax a little, it might be nice weather but I get hot very easily. I also need to talk to Joseph when I get back. "

   " What did he do this time? "

   " He hid my clothes, only leaving the ones I'm wearing right now. I'd like them back, and I don't know where he put them. "

   " Have you checked his room? "

   " I have, but I didn't see them in there. "

   " I see, would you like me to walk you home? I don't mind. "

   " No, you relax. I'll be fine going home on my own. We'll talk more later, alright? "

   " Alright. I'll see you at home. But before you go. . ."

Giorno unfolded his hands and he used both of his to lift one of mine up. He kissed the knuckles of my hand and smiled at me.

   " Be safe. "

   " You know you always do these types of gestures towards me. Kiss my hands all the time, comfort me, and you have a very calming aura. "

   " Is this a start to a confession, I'm hearing? "

   " I'm afraid not, my Italian man. "

   " I don't think it would be so bad to be claimed as Y/f/n Y/l/n's boyfriend. Or companion, or lover. "

   " If you keep being smooth, and continue doing these kind gestures you might find yourself in the position with me confessing something to you. " I said getting off the ground and standing up.

   " Thanks for the advice, it's very useful to me. " Giorno said looking up at me.

I noticed that there was a small red color in Giorno's cheeks as he looked up at me. It caused my smile to widen. 

   " Addio, Giorno. "

   " Addio, amore mio. Il tuo consiglio mi è molto utile. Forse un giorno presto si sentirà una confessione. Ma sarà mio per te (Goodbye, my love. Your advice is very helpful to me. Maybe one day soon a confession will be heard. But it'll be mine for you.)"

   " Yeah, yeah, yeah. "

I walked away from the tree and started making my way home, and leaving the Italian man to think instead of reading his book.