Understanding

I walked along the street, just having a nice walk. The sun was setting and the breeze was cool. It was going to be night soon, but I just wanted to take a walk and think about everything.

   ' So, stands are real. I didn't believe Jonathan until now. I thought he was just talking crazy this morning. I guess he was right. If I can see Joseph, Josuke, and Jotaro's stands then teleport away from them, I guess everything he said was true. That means Dio is a vampire. Now that I think about it I only see him at night. '

   " Shouldn't you be home by now? "

   ' Speak of the devil and he shall come. '

   " Hi, Dio. "

   " Hello, Y/n. What are you doing walking around at this hour? "

   " I was just taking a walk. I wanted to relax a little. "

   " Are the Joestars causing you more trouble? "

   " No, they're not. They told me the truth and we are on good terms now. "

   " Good, I'm glad they're not giving you any more trouble. It didn't sit right with me when I found you so distraught the other day. " 

   " Thanks for caring, Dio. "

It became silent and the breeze was the only sound you could hear when it blew by. You didn't know what to say and you wanted to ask Dio questions, but you didn't want them to trigger him to get mad. 

   " Hey, Dio how come I only see you at night? I never see you during the daytime. "

   " I'm at work during the day. "

   " But it's the weekend. People don't usually go to work on weekends. "

   " I do. I work overtime and I get paid for it. "

   " But what about your family? Isn't there someone who worries about you at your home? "

   " I live alone. There is no one at home waiting for me when I get back from work. "

   " I'm sorry. "

   " Don't be, it was a simple question. It's just not the right time for someone important to be in my life yet. "

   " Important? Do you mean a lover? A friend? "

   " I mean a lover. It's not the right time, if it was I would hope she or he would be waiting for me at home and make me not go to work on weekends. But until then I'll stick with work and my nightly walks. "

   " You'll meet the right person. I'm sure. "

   " Thank you. What about your life? I know you moved here to take care of your friend's house but what about back home? "

   " Well, I worked a lot and I went home to an empty apartment. I'm doing my work virtually now since I'm here and not back in the city. Now, I go home to a bunch of guys that goof around. "

   " It's never a boring day, is it? "

   " No, it isn't. And I have you to walk and talk with so I feel like I'm doing pretty good in my life. "

I looked at Dio and saw him smile a little. I could have sworn that I saw very sharp canine teeth when he did smile. The smile dialed down to a smirk before disappearing entirely. 

   " Well, I best be getting home. I want to eat and then get in my warm bed and cuddle with my sheets. "

   " Cuddle? Are you that cold at night? "

   " Well, I like it. "

   " That's all the explanation I get? "

   " That's all you get. Goodnight, Dio. "

I turned around and started walking away from the direction I was headed and going back towards the house. I heard footsteps rapidly approaching me and I turned around to see Dio running after me. He walked beside me once more as we headed back in the direction we came.

   " Now, it would be very ungentlemanly if I let you walk home alone. "

   " I guess it would, but you don't have to. I'm a big girl who can walk myself. "

   " I know but it would hurt my pride and code as a gentleman. "

   " Well, thanks, I guess. "

As we walked I took notice that Dio took off the jacket he was wearing and draped it on my shoulders. 

   " Now, you didn't have to do that. I'm fine. "

   " Wear it anyways. It's getting chilly out and I don't need it, so you might as well wear it. "

   " Yeesh. "

We walked back to the Joestar manor and I bid Dio my goodbyes before walking inside. When I entered the home I realized that Dio's jacket was still on my shoulders. I took it off and draped it on my arm and started walking up the stairs. I opened the door to my room and shut it behind me. I placed Dio's jacket on the desk and laid down on my bed. I let out a big breath of relief and I could feel my back relax.

   ' This is nice. '

I sighed in content and turned to my side. I looked at the corner of the room, where my desk was, and thought about the owner of the jacket. 

   ' I know Jonathan said that he was bad, but maybe there's some good still left in him. He's never tried to hurt me, he's only been nice to me. '

I sat closed my eyes ready to sleep, but when I felt the soft sheets leave me and be replaced by a hard surface, I opened my eyes. I was laying on the floor instead of my bed. I sat up and looked at my bed to see a figure standing on the side of it. I couldn't see their appearance, but I could remember their figure from when they broke into Melina's house. The only difference is that now they had a stand floating in front of them to block their face from being shown.

   ' Oh, no. '