The Full Story

You looked out of the kitchen doorway and saw Joseph's smiling form. He walked into the kitchen and put his arm around your shoulder and pulled you into his chest. He ruffled your fair with his knuckles.

   " Look who's awake! You, my little cutie, worried me! "

   " Hey! Quit talking to me like I'm a pet! "

   " Hmmm, then what should I call you? My cutie? My dear? " He asked with a teasing tone.

You slapped his arm and he let you go. He was still smiling a smug smile and he took a barstool and set it beside Jonathan and leaned on Jonathan's arm. 

   " So, my doll what happened last night? You were so frantic it made me actually worry for you. "

   " Thanks, I think. But last night someone broke into my house. "

Joseph's face became serious and his smile was gone. You could see the gears in his head turning and he stopped leaning on Jonathan. He leaned forward and put his left hand on his mouth to think while his other hand held his knee. Jonathan's brows were together in a concerned look, but you knew he was thinking too.

   " I heard a crash downstairs and I got out of bed to check what it was. When I got downstairs I knew it happened in the study and when I opened the doors the window was broken. I didn't think to check around the study to see if anyone was there because it looked like a tree fell and broke the glass. "

   " You are not that cautious are you doll? "

   " I usually am, Joseph, I was really tired and focused on what I could cover the window with. I didn't want Melanie's study to be ruined by the rain. "

   " What happened after that? " Jonathan asked placing a hand on my knee.

   " I was going to leave when I saw a figure in the room. There was an arrow above the door because Melina was a collector. She was a collector of sorts and she had a gold arrow hanging above the doorway. He was holding the arrow in his hand. I knew I needed to leave so I was going to run but he threw the arrow at me. It went through my chest and I realized I ran through the glass that was on the floor. I couldn't run anywhere except up the stairs-"

   " Have you never seen a horror film!? You don't go upstairs! " Joseph screamed.

   " Joseph don't yell and let her finish the story. "

   " I know I shouldn't have run upstairs but I didn't know what to do. I was just trying to get away. I ran into Melina's room and started searching for anything to help me. I lifted up the seat to her window seat and found a secret passageway to get out. I climbed down and put the pillow over the chair so he wouldn't see the escape route. The passageway led outside. I knew it was a bad idea to run into the woods so I ran here. You guys know the rest after that. "

   " That is very traumatic. " Jonathan said leaning against the island. 

   " Do you remember what he looked like? " Joseph asked.

His eyes stared into your eyes and you were hypnotized by the bright color of his eyes. You looked away so you wouldn't be caught in them and started thinking about what you saw.

   " I couldn't see much. They were tall and I could see long hair, but that was it. It was really dark and my flashlight ran out of batteries. "

   " How tall? "

   " Maybe 6'4. I wasn't really concerned with what his height was at the time. "

   " Hmm, that still doesn't limit it down. Maybe you should go over to your house and make sure everything is okay. " Jonathan said. 

He took your plate and put it in the sink. You looked back at Joseph and could see his eyes still trained on you.

   " Why aren't you at work? "

   " I took the day off. I had to make sure my doll was better. "

   " Sure. I heard you were with Caesar. "

   " Who said? "

   " Jonathan. "

   " I can't be romantic in this house can I? "

   " Nope! Anyway, I'll go over to my house in a little bit. "

   " Not with your feet still not healed. You need to rest and when they are fully healed you can leave. " Jonathan said.

   " Jonathan I'll be fine. They're just feet. "

   " I agree, doll. Stay off your feet and rest for a while. You can stay here for the time being but I insist you stay in my room. " Joseph said smirking a little bit.

   " You two fuck off her. If she wants to hurt her feet more let her. "

You looked behind you to see Jotaro walking into the kitchen. He was smoking a cigarette and his face was stone cold.

   " Jotaro don't tell me you didn't attend your classes again. " Jonathan asked

   " If I did? "

   " You need to leave this delinquent phase. I swear I feel like I'm taking care of children. "

  " I'll go and check the damage of everything and make sure nothing was stolen. I'll try and get a hold of Melina or the person she bought the house from and tell them.  " I said.

   " Someone needs to go with you in case that guy is still there. " Jonathan said.

   " I'll go! " Joseph yelled.

   " Like hell, you will. You'll goof around and probably break something. I'll go, gramps. "

   " Gramps? Who are you calling gramps!? " Joseph yelled at Jotaro.