To Sign or Not to Sign

I walked up to the table Kira sat at and pulled out a chair to sit in. Doppio sat beside me. I greeted Kira and I took notice that he stared at my left hand more than my eyes.

   " Good morning Y/n. "

   " Good morning Kira. I hope you don't mind but I brought a friend along. "

   " I don't mind at all, especially since I've met him before. Hello, again, Doppio. "

   " You too, Kira. I didn't know you had business with Y/n. " Doppio replied keeping his hands in his lap.

   " I didn't know you two knew each other. How did you two meet?"

   " We met on a bridge, and we talked for a while. "

   " I see, well, Y/n have you decided what you're going to do regarding the contract? "

   " I'm not going to sign it. I'll let you take it back into your possession. "

   " Are you sure? "

   " Yes. So, I won't be signing the contract. I'll get any of her possessions out starting tomorrow, and hopefully I can get it cleared out tomorrow as well. "

   " Sounds fine. I'll let my employers know. "

   " Thank you, for letting me think about it. "

   " What made you choose to decline signing the papers? "

   " Well, I live in a nice home with my friends and lately I feel like it's better to have my friends around than be on my own. "

   " Have you been threatened? You're talking like something has happened and you don't feel safe on your own. May I know what's plaguing you? "

   " I'm afraid not. I'd like to keep it to myself and my friends for now. Thank you for worrying so much, but everything is fine for now. "

   " Alright, have you gotten your nails done by the way? They look...neater. "

   " Umm no I haven't. "

   " Oh, I'm sorry it just looked like you had them done, but I was wrong. "

   " It's okay. "

   " Kira, if you would I don't like what you talking about her hands, it's a bit unusual. " Doppio implied.

   " Well, Doppio I was just curious. They look pretty, is that so bad? "

   " Even so..."

   " Don't worry about it, you Italian grape. Why are you here again? "

   " We ran into each other and decided to get some lunch or breakfast together to get to know each other more. "

   " I see. I hear the food is really good here, so why don't we all just eat here? "

I looked towards Doppio as he whispered something to himself, that I couldn't hear. I leaned down and asked what he said but he only shook his head at me, quickly. I shrugged my shoulders and asked the maid for a couple of menus. She nodded and returned with three menus. I looked through it and decided to get something small, that would fill me up until lunch. The other two ordered as well and gave our menus back to the maid. It didn't take long until the food came and we all ate. Doppio and Kira chatted like they knew each other longer than I thought. I included myself here and there but let them chat as I ate. 

   " So, Y/n did you figure anything out about Melina? " Kira asked me.

   " No, I haven't. I never got any contact with her so I stopped trying. "

   " I see, I'm sorry I have no way of telling you anything. All we have is the contract that she signed along with your fake signature. She didn't leave a number or anything to talk to her. "

   " It's fine don't worry about it. "

   " What's going on? " Doppio asked looking up at me.

   " Oh, the owner of the old house is missing. I can't get any contact with her or find where she went. I don't have anything to tell me where she went and I would like to know since she faked my signature, left me these important items, and files over random people. The Melina I know would have never done that. "

   " Hmm, maybe I can help you find her. "

   " You can try but I don't think you'll be able to. I've done a lot of research and still can't find her. "

   " What's her full name? "

   " Melina Gildon. "

   " Okay, I'll do what I can. "

   " Thanks, Doppio. I don't know what you could find, but you can try. "

   " I'll do my best. "

   " Thank you Doppio. "

I finished eating and set money on the table for my food.

   " Doppio when you're ready we can head out. "

   " I am. "

   " What am I? Chopped liver? " Kira asked.

   " No, but we had wanted to talk together, I'm sorry. "

   " It's fine. I will see you later. "

   " Goodbye Kira. Doppio? "

   " I'm ready, lets go. "

Doppio set his money down and we walked out of the cafe. We walked out the door and passed by the window. I looked back into the cafe to see Kira still sitting at the table, the only difference is that there was another figure with him. One that no one else but I could see.