Intruder Alert

*CRASH*

You sat up in the bed from hearing something break. It was midnight right now and you were peacefully sleeping in the master's bedroom. The sheets brought you into a world of sleep and you were happy to get a good rest until the noise woke you up.

   ' What was that? '

You took the covers off of yourself and grabbed a flashlight. You were wearing sweatpants and a T-shirt, but you held your stomach as your other hand held the flashlight up. The rain outside still continued. It never stopped raining and the lightning was getting worse by the minute. It was a dangerous storm like the news report had said. 

   ' Maybe it was a tree breaking the glass. '

You left the room and started walking down the stairs. You looked all over the house but didn't see anything broken until you turned towards the doors of the study. They were still shut. You walked towards them and put your hand on the handle. You turned it and when the door opened you saw that the window behind the desk was broken. Pieces of glass littered the floor and the rain started coming into the room. You shook your head and walked over to the broken window. You avoided the glass pieces and looked at the damage. Outside it was bad and the window was completely broken, you would have to put something over it to stop the rain from coming further in.

   " What could I put in the window? "

You turned around and looked at the study and you heard glass break being crunched under something. You turned around to see a silhouette standing behind you. You couldn't point out any distinguishing features because it was dark. Your flashlight had run out of batteries and was useless to you now. You dropped it and stepped back from the figure. 

   " Who are you? And what are you doing in my house? " You yelled.

They didn't say anything. They only raised their left hand. His left hand was clutching the arrow from earlier. It wasn't above the door anymore and was now in his hands. You realized he was going to stab you with it. You started running out of the study, cutting your feet on the glass shards. You closed the doors behind yourself, to buy yourself some time, and started running to hide somewhere. There was nowhere to run except upstairs. When you got to the stairs you felt something impale your body. It was sharp and it went through you like a knife cutting through butter. You coughed up blood and held your upper stomach. It was bleeding profusely and you knew you would pass out at any moment. You stood up and started going up the stairs again. When you made it to the master bedroom you started regretting not grabbing a butcher's knife from the kitchen before running up. You could hear footsteps and instantly you started searching for a way out. The bleeding was getting worse and as you searched you kept one hand on the hole in your upper stomach. You ran to the window seat and tried lifting it. When you did you saw a hole. It led to the ground floor but with the walls around it, you could tell it was there as an escape route. You jumped in and the hatch closed from the top, on its own. 

   ' What the hell Melina? Why do you have this here? '

Your free hand started feeling the wall and it grabbed on to a handle. You turned it and walked through the hidden doorway. You noticed that it led you outside. It was on the side of the house. You started getting soaked from the rain hitting you and the lightning crack was louder outside. You closed the door and stayed close to the wall. You walked around to the front and looked across the road to see the Joestar house. 

   ' I can't run to the woods behind my house. That happens in every horror movie and it never works out. '

You looked through your window and didn't see the intruder downstairs. So, you took the chance and started sprinting to the Joestar mansion. Your heart was thumping loud in your ears and you were starting to feel drowsy from the blood loss. The wound was making your body flare in pain and you wanted to scream. The arrow had gone through you completely, and you knew that you needed medical attention immediately. You didn't hear footsteps at all, so when you looked behind you, you were glad no one was chasing you. Your body slammed into the door and you started banging on the door. You rang the doorbell, knowing it resonated throughout the whole house. Your eyes were starting to slip downwards and your banging was getting slower, as you were getting tired. 

   ' Someone open the door, please. At least before I pass out! '

Your fists dropped when the door opened. When the door opened you saw Joseph standing at the door wearing light blue and white striped pajamas with a  little dangling hat. At the end of the hat was a white fuzzball.

   " What!? Y/n? "

   " J-Joseph. Help me. "

With your last words your eyes closed and you fell on Joseph.