Moving In

Joseph opened the door to the manor and walked inside, still holding on to you while Jotaro and Josuke set your boxes down on the floor. Jonathan appeared from the living room and walked towards the group.

   " I'll show you to your room. I was fixing it up while you were gone. "

   " Thank you all again for letting me stay here. It means a lot. "

   " Anything for a friend. Joseph, you can put her down now. "

   " But I like holding her, she's so warm and cuddly. "

I messed up his hair and he set me down on the floor and started fixing it. Jonathan picked up a few boxes while I picked up the rest and I followed him up the stairs and through the halls. He stopped at a door and opened it, letting me walk inside first. The walls were F/c with a  wooden floor. There was a balcony, bookshelf, desk, and a closet. The bed sat facing the wall with the closet door and it was big enough to hold two people. It looks soft and cozy. I set my boxes on the floor and Jonathan set the others on the floor beside them. 

   " Thank you again, Jonathan. "

   " It's fine, we're glad to have you here. This way we can protect you and get to know you more, my friend. "

   " I'm glad Melina has such good neighbors like you guys. I still wonder why she never talked to any of you before she left. "

   " I'm not sure. The only interaction we've seen is Giorno walking to her garden to take care of it, but even then she barely spoke to him. You can talk to Giorno about it later when he gets back. "

   " At least he's still in school, unlike the others. "

   " He actually cares about his education instead of thinking it's a second-hand need. "

   " Alright, I'll start unpacking and I'll try searching through all the papers I found. "

   " I'll call you for dinner. "

   " One more thing. "

Jonathan raised an eyebrow and you wrapped your arms around his waist and hugged him. Of course, he was taller so your head was really in his chest. You felt Jonathan hug you back and it was a warm hug that Olaf would have melted. 

   " Thank you again. "

   " You're too sweet. "

You pulled out of the hug and smiled up at Jonathan and he returned the gesture and left your new room. You turned around to the boxes and opened the tops of them to see what was inside of them. The box of clothes was the first box to go. You set all of the clothes on the bed and organized them, putting some away in the closet and the others in the shelves that were also in the closet. The next box was the artifacts. 

   ' Everyone acts weird around these. I need to find a hiding place for these, in case they want to look at them or someone tries to steal one of them. Their Melina's and they look ancient meaning they are probably worth a lot of money. '

You stood to look around the room, but there was nowhere to place the box. You just slid it under the bed and made the decision to keep it there for now. 

   ' Josuke and Joseph were looking for secret passageways in my house, meaning they must have some here, but I'll look for those later. '

You turned to the other boxes of papers and books from Melina's study. For those, you set them on the bed and decided to take a look through them. The papers and books inside made the box really heavy and you hoped that it wouldn't deflate the soft mattress. When both boxes were on the bed you took your shoes off and jumped on the bed and its reputation that your eyes perceived was correct. It was as soft as a cloud, and you wanted to go to sleep right then. 

   ' How can a bed be this cozy? '

You, regretfully, sat up and turned both boxes over on their sides, letting the contents spill out a little on the bed. You started with the box on your left and looked at the first book. You took book after book after book out of the box and set them aside to put on the empty bookshelf later. Now all that was left were a bunch of papers in one box and then files in another box. 

   ' I'll start with the files first and then over on to the papers later, no doubt that there's going to be some interesting stuff in the files. '

The first file you grabbed was labeled Map. You opened it and saw that the name held what was in the file. It was a map of the neighborhood along with other areas. On the map, it said where her house was, the Joestars, and the houses around. On the other maps, it labeled where other people lived.

   " Kars, Wamuu, and Esidisi live around in town. Here it says Yoshikaga Kira lives around the park, then...Dio? "

You remembered Dio. He walked you home when your car battery decided to stop working, and he walked you home because it was so dark. Now you were curious about what Melina had to do with Dio. You closed the folder and set the map aside and decided to grab another file. This file didn't have a label and was empty, so you decided to make a pile for those kinds of files. The next file was thick and was more of a folder file. On the side, there was a name, and after reading the name you wanted to throw the file away. 

   ' Why does Melina have a file over the Joestars? '