Collector

When everyone sat down I started to eat. The food was delicious and I silently praised Jonathan for his cooking. 

   " So, Y/n where do you live? " Jonathan asked.

   " I live about 3 hours from here. "

   " You drove a long way to get here. Is there no one else your friend could ask? "

   " Don't want me here? "

   " N-No. Not at all! What I mean is that it's a long drive. I would have thought that she asked someone who lives closer. "

   " Well, she trusts me the most out of everyone she knows. Plus she knew I would say yes. Her flight was today and she knew I wouldn't leave her hanging. "

   " She really called you last minute. " Joseph said.

   " Yeah. But I don't mind. It's a nice change of scenery. PLus her house is really nice. "

   " Where did your friend exactly go? "

   " I'm not sure. She just asked me to house sit and I told her I would. She left immediately when I got here. "

   " That's suspicious. " Josuke said biting his fork.

   " Yeah, but I'm fine with it. I'm going to try and call her later. "

   " Good. I hope you don't have any trouble while you stay in her home. "

   " Thank you Josuke. "

   " If you ever need anything just come right over. "

   " Thanks, Jonathan. "

I continued to eat and chat with everyone. It was really calm and nice. I haven't had a family dinner in a long time and it was peaceful and nice. I laughed with a lot of Joseph's comments and Jotaro talked a little here and there. When all the food was finished we were still talking and I noticed the time and stood up.

   " I think it's time for me to go. "

   " I'll walk you home! " Josuke and Joseph yelled standing up.

I looked between the two of them. They looked at each other and started arguing. Jonathan stood up and held his hands up.

   " Calm down. I'll walk her home. "

   " No! " They shouted again.

They continued to argue and I just stood there inching towards the front door. 

   " Shut the hell up! " Jotaro yelled slamming his hands on the table.

Josuke and Joseph stopped yelling and arguing. Jotaro walked towards me and grabbed my hand. He walked to the front door and opened it.

   " I'll walk her the hell home. So shut up you bastards. "

He slammed the door behind us and we started walking down the steps to the pathway. The stars were shining brightly as he walked with you. His hand still held yours but the cool night air calmed your facial features to not blush. 

   " Thank you, for stopping the argument. "

   " Don't mention it. I'm glad the arguing stopped. Josuke and Joseph always want to do the same thing but can't. "

   " Yeah, but I know they don't mean harm. "

   " Can you see this? "

He looked towards me and I looked towards him but didn't see anything.

   " See what? "

   " Nevermind. "

   " Alright then. "

We continued to walk to my house in silence. It was peaceful and calming. I decided to pull out my phone and try calling Melina. I dialed her number but she still didn't pick up. I shoved my phone in my pocket and just looked at the patio of the house.

   " Still no answer? "

   " Still no answer. "

   " What kind of bitch doesn't answer her phone? "

   ' Don't call her that. '

   " I'm not sure why she isn't answering. I hope everything is alright. Maybe she's on the plane right now and she can't answer. "

   " Hmm. "

We got to my door and I let go of his hand. I unlocked the door and stepped inside my house. 

   " Thank you for walking me home Jotaro. "

   " Anytime. "

   " Have a good night. "

   " Good night. "

You shut the door as he started walking away. You locked the door and walked to the study. You turned the computer on and a password came up. You looked around the desk for a sticky note and found one. 

   " 46678. Alright. "

I put in the code and the screen unlocked. The background picture was off Melina and me when we were in college.

 The background picture was off Melina and me when we were in college

( You are on the right and Melina is on the left. )

I remembered the photo. I was sad that day because my boyfriend and I broke up. Melina tried cheering me and gave me a big hug. After the picture was taken I cried into her shoulder for an hour. 

   ' I'm glad she still has this picture. It's somewhere in my photo gallery. '

I started looking around the desktop to see if anything interesting was on the computer. I found a notes app and clicked it. When it opened I saw a lot of notes within the app.

Get groceries for Y/n.

Make sure the house is clean. 

Pay all of the bills. 

Get the thing.

Pack bags for trip ( 2-4 bags ).

   " What in the world is the thing? I'm not gonna worry about it. "

You closed the notes app and logged out of the computer. You stood up from the desk and looked around the study a bit more. You knew Melina was a person of history and she collected artifacts. She mainly looked for jewelry and vases. You looked in one case and saw a lot of jewelry. One necklace caught your eyes and it was a red gem with a  small cross in the middle. The plate in front of it said, 'Red stone of Aja'.

   " That's an interesting name. "

Above the case of jewelry was a mask that sat on the wall. It looked to be made of stone and you could see fangs coming out of the mask. 

   " That mask is very interesting too. I wonder where she finds all of this stuff. "

You left the study and shut the doors behind you. You walked up the stairs to go to the master bedroom and sleep. You let your body fall on top of the bed and your body started relaxing. You shut your eyes and drifted off to sleep.