The Blossoming of Feelings

After I was done searching the first floor I sat in the living room and waited for someone to come in and tell me everything was alright. To tell me that they caught the intruder. My stand floated in front of me with his feet never touching the floor. His eyes were on my figure and I looked up at my own stand. 

   ' I need to name him at some point. '

My stand waved his hand around and then a file appeared in his hand. I recognized it as the file I threw before when Giorno found me reading late in the library. I took the file from him and scanned the outside cover. 

   ' So, my stand can teleport and store things. That's useful I guess. '

I opened the file and recognized some of the pictures in the file. Last time I had read over Bruno Bucciarti and Leone Abbacchio. I turned those papers over and looked at the next few people in the file. 

   " So, the next two people are Pannacotta Fugo and Ghirga Narancia. Narancia seems like a child in this photo and why does This Fugo guy have holes in his green shirt? I know fashion has evolved a lot but I don't think it's gone that far, maybe. "

I read over their papers and looked at the next paper that was about Guido Mista. Mista wore a crop top and in the picture, he was holding a gun and pointing it towards the direction of the photographer. I felt bad for Melina because she was probably caught plenty of times when taking these pictures. I put Guido Mista's paper to the side and the next paper in the file was Giorno's 

   ' Jonathan did say he was in a mafia gang. I guess this is proof. '

I read over his paper, and put it to the side, and continued reading through the file. I was able to get through the whole file when I heard Josuke's footsteps come down the stairs and towards the living room. I turned around to face him, and he held a thumb up towards me. 

   " It's all clear upstairs. Everything is locked up and there's no way he could get back in up there. "

   " Everything's locked tight down here. I made sure to double-check everything too. " I said holding a thumb up towards Josuke as he did me. 

   " So, how do you like your stay here so far? "

   " Shouldn't you have asked me that a long time ago when I first started living here? "

   " You say that as if you've lived here for a year. You've been here for two months. "

   " It's fine. It's never a normal day around here. Somehting is always happening. "

   " Yeah, bizarre things always happen around our family. It's a blessing and a curse. "

   " I can tell, it's never normal around her but it's also dangerous. At least you guys can figure everything out together and get things done. "

   " I was going to ask you, when are you going to meet with Kira again? "

   " I don't know, I haven't decided on weather I want to sign those papers or not. WHy do you wanna know? "

   " Because I'm going to come with you. I think Jonathan already told you, but Kira is a killer and I really don't feel comfortable leaving you alone with him, even if it is in public. "

   " Josuke I'm a big girl, I can handle myself. Especially with my stand, I think I'll be fine. "

   " I just don't like the idea of you being with him, I don't want him to do anything creepy to you or try to take your hand, because he will. "

   " I'll make you a deal. If you'll let me go and meet him alone I'll treat you to some gelato afterwards. Deal? "

   " Deal! "

Josuke smiled as he put his arm around your shoulders and brought you into a side hug and rubbed his knuckles against your head. You smiled but struggled to get out of his grip. When he stopped rubbing his knuckles against your head he set his arm down but kept you close to him. Josuke could feel his heartbeat quicken and felt his face turn a small shade of red. He knew what the feeling was but he didn't know how to approach it, so he didn't, yet. The front door opened and the others started piling into the house and moved into the living room. You made a move to sit up straight and Josuke let go of you. He missed your warmth instantly, and pouted a little bit, but wiped it off his face when the others walked in front of them.

   " We're safe for now. He's no where on the property as far as we can tell. He wasn't hiding somewhere inside was he? " Jonathan asked

   " No, he wasn't. " I responded.

   " Alright, we'll have to be more cautious from now on. Everyone I know it's been a wild night, but let's all head to bed and in the morning we can discuss things more. "

Everyone agreed and left the living room and walked to their separate rooms. I walked up the stairs and held the file in my arms with my stand gone from my side. Jonathan was walking beside me, and while we walked up the stairs I whispered,

   " I believe you. " before entering my room.