Wedding chaos

Tori

Most weddings are joyous occasions. You celebrate the happy couple who pledge their love forever to each other. Weddings are beautiful unless it's a Harper wedding, then you have chaos. Let me explain.

Elias left to help Owen and to get dressed since he's the best man. The wedding is starting at four in the afternoon. Since it's been eight weeks since Gabe had his accident, and he finally got his cast off. He rode with Nate. Deacon brought Gia as his plus one.

I finished getting ready at home and rode to the wedding with my parents. We arrived at the chapel to find our seats as people buzzed around it, talking. Elias ran past us, making his way to the back.

"Elias is in top form," Mom mentioned as Dad and I laughed.

Mom spotted Nora, and we made our way to sit next to Matt and Nora. Mom sat next to Nora as Dad sat next to Matt. I sat next to Mom. The parents talked while everyone found their seats. Nate, Deacon, Gia, and Gabe arrived, sitting in our row.

I leaned over and looked at Gabe. "You left before us but arrived after us. What took you so long?"

Before Gabe answered, Deacon did. "They were making out."

"Are you kidding me?" Dad asked.

Nate reached over Gia and smacked Deacon. "Don't be an ass," Nate snapped.

"Knock it off!" Matt barked.

"No, we weren't making out. Nate had to stop for gas," Gabe said, rolling his eyes.

What is a wedding without issues? Someone always opens their mouth, and it's Deacon.

People found their seats as Kain helped Nixon to the front. I noticed Owen had more family here than Wendy. Her family took up half of the other side while Owen's family had most of the seats.

I recognized my teacher, the nurse, the paramedic, the guy from the bakery, and the newspaper guy. Confusion swept over my face.

"Why does Tori look like she has to shit?" Deacon asked.

I glared at Deacon. "You're an idiot. Why is our teacher here?" I asked, pointing to Mr. Gray.

"Because Pat's a cousin, and he's sitting with his brothers," Nate mentioned.

"You have a big ass family," I mentioned.

"You can thank our bat shit crazy grandmother. She started it all," Deacon added.

"Deacon shut the hell up," Matt snapped.

"Deacon's going to get his ass kicked by dad," Nate snickered.

"You too, Nathaniel," Matt warned.

Gabe, Gia, and I snickered.

"Do you mind?" Someone asked.

We glanced to see everyone staring at us as we slumped in our seats.

"Uh, Matthew. Would you like to get your heathens under control?" Nixon asked.

"Sorry, Uncle Nixon and everyone. I'll pray for my hooligans," Matt announced.

"Hell, this wedding will be entertaining," a guy mentioned.

"Frazier, you're an idiot," another guy snapped.

"I second that," a third guy muttered.

Yep, this wedding will be fun.

*******
Elias

I helped Owen finished getting ready as Mason helped Oliver. I had to escort Wendy's cousin since she's the maid of honor. The girl has an issue with her hands. She won't leave my ass alone. I see problems at the reception. We'll get to that later.