Life is tricky then there are the Harpers

Tori

I still have to take it easy because of my ribs. The change of schedule helped, along with Elias hanging out with me. He spent more time at my house instead of his.

"Any more issues?" Elias asked as we gorged ourselves on junk food.

"No, which is good. I want a peaceful senior year with no excitement," I said, holding out my hands.

Elias arched an eyebrow.

"Well, besides you," I said.

Elias chuckled, popping a Dorito into his mouth.

"What about homecoming?" Elias asked.

I looked at Elias as I chewed candy. "What about it?"

"Do you want to go?" He looked at me.

"It depends. Do you want to take me?" I joked.

"Yeah," Elias answered.

I choked on my candy. Elias patted my back as I gasped. I snatched up my drink and sipped it.

"Was it something I said?" Elias asked.

I stared at Elias in awe. A smile curled upon my lips. Then something dawned on me. "Wait. We haven't even had a date."

"Okay, a date, then homecoming. You twisted my arm," Elias said, turning his arm back and forth. I shook my head. I like a nut.

******
Gabe

The restaurant was busy as I cooked, sautéed, and broiled food. When the rush ended, I took a break and came out to the bar to find Gia sitting on a stool. I walked over to her.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I thought since you've been busy, I could hang out with you here," Gia mentioned.

"I would, but the restaurant has been busy," I said, pouring water into a glass.

"Okay, then how about we do something this weekend? There's a carnival happening," Gia mentioned.

I knew if I blew Gia off, she would get upset.

"Yeah, sure," I said while sipping my water.

"Gabe, are you okay?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"You seemed annoyed," Gia mentioned.

"No, works been busy. We'll go to the carnival and have some fun," I said, giving her a reassuring smile.

"Okay," Gia said.

Maybe a carnival will take my mind off of things. It's not like I have to deal with my emotions Saturday. Plus, spending time with Gia will reaffirm my feelings for her, I hope.

********
Elias

"So, the carnival is in town," I mentioned.

"And I can't ride any of the rides there because of my ribs," Tori reminded me.

"No, but it doesn't mean we can't go and spend time together." I looked at Tori as she looked at me.

"Are you asking me on a date?"

"I knew there was a reason I like you," I smirked.

Tori rolled her eyes. "Slick," she said, shaking her head.

"I thought so." I chuckled as Tori threw a chip at me. I threw a Sweetart at her.

I got onto my hands and knees and leaned towards her as I captured her lips. Tori put her hands on my face and kissed me back. What I like about her is that we have this extraordinary friendship, and it feels natural to us.