- Part 6

The countdown to the final battle had begun in the heart of the festival. Everyone attending had gathered here, whether on purpose or by accident, in the stage of dreams.

Zeon, who had brought Shizuka here so he could get help finding her parents from Ryuzaki, was shocked by what he saw.

"What the...?" From the crowd of people, he noticed Rukia and ran to her. "Do you have any idea what's going on?"

"No clue. I was told to come here by a guy named E." Rukia munched on a yakisoba bun. "Who's the little girl?"

"Oh, she's a lost child... I was going to ask Ryuzaki to help me find her parents, but..." Zeon looked at Shizuka who was too preoccupied eating the dango he'd bought for her. "Instead I ended up spending most of my money feeding her so she wouldn't cry, haha..."

"She's a glutton, huh?" Rukia tore off some of her yakisoba bun and presented it to her. "Want some?"

"Yes please!" Shizuka happily accepted Rukia's offering and started eating it. "Thank you!"

"She said her name's Shizuka Chabashira... know anyone with that last name by any chance?" Zeon joked.

"Hmm... no, I don't. Actually, isn't Zak's editor a "Chabashira"?"

"Is he? What's the chance he's the dad?"

"Chabashira's a rare surname. It wouldn't hurt to try. I saw Izanoku and Zak around here somewhere earlier... oh, there they are!" Rukia pointed over in the distance.

"Ah, cool. Thanks for the help!"

Zeon quickly rushed over to them.

"Hey, Zak!"

"Oh, if isn't Zeon. How are you doing this fine evening..." Zak stopped mid-sentence and put a hand on Zeon's shoulder, squeezing it hard. "You have five seconds to explain why you have Shizuka or else I'll beat you half to death like I did with Inu."

"E-eh?! U-uh... t-this is a misunderstanding! I didn't kidnap her! I found her lost and crying! She let go of her mom's hand! I was trying to help her find her parents!" Zeon calmed down as Zak loosened his grip. "W-wait, you knew her name... does that mean?"

Zeon looked at Shizuka, who was too busy licking the yakisoba sauce off her fingers to take notice of her surroundings.

"Oh thank god, you found her! I know who this little meat monster is because she's my editor's daughter."

"Wow... talk about living in a small world."

"Amatsuyu wouldn't stop calling me every ten minutes asking if I've seen her!" Zak picked up Shizuka and raised her into the sky like a trophy. "AMATSUYU, I HAVE YOUR DAUGHTER RIGHT HERE!!!"

Like the overprotective father he was, Amatsuyu heard Zak's cry from miles away, and ran at the speed of light to retrieve his precious daughter from him. Once Shizuka was in his hands, Amatsuyu hugged her extremely tightly.

"SHIIIIIZUKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I THOUGHT I LOST YOU FOREVER! DADDY WAS SO SCARED AND WORRIED FOR YOU! DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN!" Amatusyu cried while Shizuka continued to lick sauce off her fingers, completely unaware of what was happening since she was being tossed from person to person so quickly.