#52: Removing the Joker

I wouldn't call myself a hateful person. No, I'm far from it. I can get angry, but I've never held a grudge against someone for their actions.

Even when I was young, I was considered mature and open-minded for my age.

But one man managed to make me hate— Backlion Demiza.

If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have died. I wouldn't have been murdered by someone who wanted revenge in a blind fit of anger.

I still hate my action that day. If I didn't murder Hiyori, then maybe I wouldn't have died. But the feeling of protecting those precious to me came before that, and clouded my judgment.

Even though my avatar is the joker, who plays the role of a fool. I am not a joker who plays the role of a fool.

Because in this wonderland, I am a genuine fool.

Given a second chance at life, yet I continued down the path of fate as a fool.

I will make my statement to the world, foolishly.

I am Kyle Black, the fool.

(Opening here)

The Dragon Empire building was a fiery red sphere made of hexagons

The Dragon Empire building was a fiery red sphere made of hexagons. It sat in the middle of a large field, surrounded by the wooden fence.

On the field, there were people with FICAs in their hands, sitting around benches, standing about or playing Vanguard on the fight tables. There were stalls with vendors, and plenty of shaded areas.

The main event was inside the building. The entrance to it was carefully controlled, with two lines of people going in and out, and lots of hustle and bustle from the busy employees.

Rukia, Kakusei, Chiharu and Zeon were inside, and standing around on the highest floor - the third floor. Being an area that was only accessed by specific people with the Dragon Empire Pass, the connections Rukia and Zeon had with Ayato, the Branch Manager, allowed them to go up to the highest point and peer down at everyone who was having fun playing vanguard.

Ayato was running around the event, going inside and outside to ensure everyone's safety and enjoyment. He had a megaphone flailing around in his right hand.

Zeon leaned against the rail, looking at the hand-out given at the Dragon Empire Event. On it was information about the event, and the activities that were going on.

The main attraction were the free-for-all fights, where the number of wins accumulated during the day would turn into prizes. The other attractions were mini-games, some sporting activities related to Vanguard, and the final show that was a showdown between the person with the most fights against the Branch Manager himself.

This being an event, meant people could freely hang out while everything else went on if they wished. That was the current plan of the group on the third floor, as they relaxed with drinks in each of their hands.