#47.5: In Mother Russia Game Plays You

(Opening here)

Amidst the hell-scape Tokyo was reduced to, even Yozora found that inside his hospital room, he could enjoy himself by playing (bad) random players on Cardfight Area. With a laptop on his lap, Yozora was about to log into CFA, but interfering was a pop-up for a new update. Yozora sighed and searched up the website, clicking on the update files. Waiting about two minutes, he then extracted the RAR files into his CFA folder, and watched idly as time passed by.

While his CFA was updating, he read over the change-log. Yozora looked impressed at the new features; new sprites and sleeves, a better shuffler, soul/drop/bind counters, a new button to reveal the top card of the deck and what caught his eye the most was a new mini-game inside a dungeon. Yozora scratched the back of his head and cracked a light smile.

"I guess our threats when we went to Russia did work."

Curious about the new sleeves however, he opened up the files inside the folder and saw various new sleeves. None of them really stood out to him except the Claret Sword Dragon sleeves, and gold character sleeves of Luard, Ahsha, Chronojet, Gavrail and Gurguit. Yozora then logged in and ran around the lobby, before heading to where the mini-game was. It was at that moment, in the game's chat log, a message sent saying someone had completed the dungeon, and got sleeve 806.

Yozora checked the files again, seeing the Gurguit sleeve was 806. Suddenly, he was dead set on getting all five sleeves, and rushed to the dungeon. From there, he started navigating past spectres, through the confusing passages and trying to find the Oblivion and Disaster Keys. Unfortunately, Yozora was being induced with salt-filled rage, as the spectres ran into his avatar far too often.

To add insult to injury, the number of players completing the dungeon was piling up, and Yozora was being left behind. He was still lost and found a grand total of zero keys thus far; only finding the exit and randomly trying to get through. However, low and behold, Yozora finally ran into a key. He climbed up the ladder, snagged it, before a spectre swooped in and caught him out.

At this moment, Yozora's eye began twitching and he could hear the rage-induced screams of Ryuzaki from upstairs, calling CFA (and by extension Rem) names that are banned in a certain real life server. While Callum was out there fighting a God, Yozora and Ryuzaki were being covered in salt and filled with spite at Rem's hellish mini-game.

Forget that the end of the world was coming, the main priority on these two's minds were getting the golden sleeves so they could flex on randoms.

Time had passed and Yozora had finally figured out some form of a route to get both keys. When he did finally manage to collect both and was about to head to the exit, the worst thing imaginable could happen. He zipped past the spectres, entered the exit, reached the other side and headed into the temple to claim his prize.

Then, the CFA server crashed on him, closing him out and reducing all his hard work to nothing.

He stared blankly at the screen while he heard Ryuzaki unleash a string of unholy swears and the faint crashing of monitors and keyboards as well.

At any rate, it seemed like Ryuzaki was being more of a God of Destruction then Gyze was outside.

Yozora re-opened CFA and tried to connect back to the server. Nothing worked. Ryuzaki stormed downstairs and kicked open the hospital doors and looked at Yozora who understood what had to be done.

Now, while Callum was still fighting the God of Destruction, Yozora and Ryuzaki took a quick trip to Mother Russia - more specifically the CFA Base hidden underground - to confront Rem once and finally for all.