#39: Hole

(Opening here)

"Welcome to the Black Hole, Yozora Shinsei

"Welcome to the Black Hole, Yozora Shinsei."

The cold, unnerving voice that hazily filled Yozora's head after his terror filled gasp had caused a hick in his hitched breathing. Collecting himself together, Yozora slowly opened his eyes, discovering his sight had returned to him. Within the darkness he could make out a hand stuck out in front of his face, and a tall man who owned that hand. Reluctantly, Yozora took the hand, and held onto it with a steel grip.

A wave of painful clangs hit Yozora's head, making him flinch and grit the front of his teeth tightly. Hissing from the corners of his lips, he slowly pulled himself to his feet with the help of the man. Not only did Yozora find himself hurt physically, but he found the sudden migraine that wormed into his head being more painful, and more nostalgic. It was like he had felt this crashing wave of pain before, but he couldn't quite distinctly remember where. With his heart racing in anticipation for what would happen next, Yozora let go of the man's hand, before observing what was around him.

Immediately striking Yozora was a soft hum that whirred and vibrated in the background, causing him to jitter from how distracting it was. It was like the worst form of white noise. Simultaneously, he felt a cool breeze flutter past him and circulate around the vast room the two were in. Then, his eyes locked onto the man who had helped him up. Looking up and down the man, it was Yozora's turn to inspect him, albeit in the pitch dark. He made out a figure, wearing the same cloak as the likes of Inferno and Magus, but in deep black. His mask covered all but a quarter of his face, which made Yozora feel more uneasy at his masked opponent.

Stepping back to find some personal space, Yozora found the floor under him feel strange. It reminded him of floating on air, yet there was something solid under him, causing confusion to fill his already distorted head. Slowly running a hand down his chest, Yozora breathed deeply to try and steady himself from everything that had just hit him. Looking at his feet, then at the man, he bit his lip then opened his mouth.

"Who the hell are you, why am I here, and what the hell do you want from me?! Are we really in a black hole?!" Yozora exclaimed, a rampant burst of emotions leaving his hoarse voice.

"This is merely a personal room called the Black Hole. My name is Kai, and I am here for your Zeroth Dragon." He replied in a cold tone, stepping forward to Yozora.

"So you're the guy Inferno was referring to..." Yozora muttered, tightening his fist. "Can we at least have the lights on?"

"You don't enjoy the darkness of a black hole?" Kai asked.

"Not particularly. In fact, I don't like this room at all... let me out of here! Bring me back to my friends!" Yozora exclaimed. "Let me see Chiharu! Let me be with her!"

"Then I shall accommodate, because I have a funny feeling we'll be staying here for awhile." Kai said, snapping his fingers. Soon, the once pitch black room was illuminated by dots of stars, shining with a white light. It was a mesmerising show, a treat for the eyes. The room itself, once engorged by light, had revealed it's true colours of dazzling hues of red, blue and green, all cascading into one another like an aurora. It resembled space, more specifically the Milky Way, and Yozora admitted to himself it was undeniably pretty.