#15: Kyoto

"Thanks for making my experience in Malaysia enjoyable, Masaru." Maxios said. "I'd love to come back again sometime."

"I'd be thrilled to join you too." Masaru nodded with a smirk.

The two males stood in the airport in front of the time tables presented on the large screens above their heads, each with their own luggage in their hands. In Maxios' was two large, black suitcases and a bag on his back. For Masaru, it was one suitcase and one bag.

"See ya 'round!" Maxios waved goodbye, running off to board his airplane.

"Bye!" Masaru waved as he watched Maxios leave, also departing to board his flight.

The trip back to Japan was gruelling for Maxios. Sitting in his seat, he had his head dug deep into his hands, as he thought about what had happened in Malaysia. "Why was it only me and Masaru? Ryuzu said there'd be another person joining us... we were completely outmatched during that." He gritted his teeth. "We completely bombed everything... All that time, energy, money, to only end up that we failed getting Zoa... Those damn people... Zak... the goth girl and that Kakashi guy..." Maxios sighed, as he relaxed in his seat. "This is goddamn depressing."

(Opening here)

In a small, dark room, lit by a single lightbulb hanging over a wooden table, was Ryu, on the floor unconsciously

In a small, dark room, lit by a single lightbulb hanging over a wooden table, was Ryu, on the floor unconsciously. Next to him, was a slender man with black hair; adorned in a black cloak that draped over his torso and legs, with a mask that covered 3/4th of his face. The missing chunk was on the bottom left, and made it so there was a curve on the mask. The design was simple, with two holes for the eyes to peer through, and stitches over the eyes and mouth. On the mouth was the faint colour of red, representing lips of some sort.

Blinking with a heaving breath, Ryu opened his closed eyes slowly. Sitting up, he ran a hand through his hair, before everything around him started to click in place slowly. Turning to his right to look at the black-haired man, Ryu slowly opened his mouth in shock, before a loud cry came from it. Bouncing back, Ryu shuffled away from him.

"Who... who the hell are you?!" He spat, demanding answers.

"I'm Kai. I found you unconscious on the floor." The man replied, standing up. Ryu hopped back onto his aching feet with gritted teeth.

"Kai, huh... you got a weird looking mask on. And where am I?" Ryu asked, looking at his surroundings. It just seemed to be pure darkness.

"You're in a room." Kai said, before walking over to the wooden table that was under the light.

"And why am I here? Shouldn't you have contacted a medic or something?" Ryu continued to ask questions to feed his lack of satisfaction from the answers he was getting.