Ending 2-Button

Song Name: 「Button」 by PENGUIN RESEARCH

(Instrumental)

Shika is rummaging a box of books, when he picks up a book with "2017 Memories" written on the cover and opens it.

Nee, anna ni tooi to kanjita
Hey, I wonder if you miss the summer days,

He reads the pages. On the first page shows a group shot of his class, 1-B on their first day of high school. Marked underneath that is messages from his friends with celebrations for the new school year.

Hosoi oborizaka mo, natsuyasumi mo
Now that they feel so far away, just like we'll be soon

The next page shows Shika and Ryu in detention together. Underneath the page has a caption, "note to self: don't give Ryu a bottle to chuck into the bin, cause he'll just hit a teacher".

Betsubetsu ni owatta seishun mo
Our youths coming separately to an end

Shika turns the page to show his rugby team in school. He has stickers of rugby balls and numbers under it. Under the picture shows a cheerleading squad as well. Under that picture shows Yza chucked outside the library with a caption of, "Tfw you're louder than me".

Zenbu, yasashii hibi datta
Every one of those days treated us so kindly

He turns to the next page to see a ladder sticker next to a picture of him, Rukia and Yza eating lunch together in the cafeteria. There's a caption with "#squadgoals".

Ashita ni wa, mou dare mo inaku natte
When the morning comes, I know, everybody will be gone

Shika turns the page again, showing him on spring break. He has a rugby ball in his hand, about to chuck it at Yza and Ryu.

Kodoku to mo chigau furue wo shiru asa ga kuru
I'll be feeling lonely and you won't know why, these eyes of mine start to cry

It then shows a picture of his new dog, who is on top of him as they lay on his bed. A bone sticker is underneath it with the caption "Welcome to our house!"

Tada itoshii wakare no hi ni
When it's time to go, it's time to say goodbye

He turns the page, to show him, Rukia and Yza meeting up in the United Sanctuary, with Kaiko and Izo standing awkwardly in the background, waving at the camera.

Furimukanai de ikanakucha
But don't look for me, we've got to move on

Turning the page, he found a collage of pictures of his vanguard cards, both old and new.

Mata itsuka nante nakute mo
Even if we don't get to say, "See you someday..."

He turns the page again, to show a meal he had cooked by himself. It was a burnt bacon and cheese pasta bake. He had a smiley face under it with the caption, "Tasty!". Under that picture is a picture of his items for the tournament. Water bottles, his deck, rugby ball, paper and pens, etc.

Bokura wa oboeteiru, naisho no angou mo
I'll remember everything, every secret you told me

Shika turns the page to show him on summer break inside the stadium he was playing in. Under that picture, he has pictures of him with Doctor O, Kurakuya and a group photo of him, Yza, Rukia, Ryu, Ayaza, Rino, Wyvon and Backlion.

Houkago ni shikanai akane no sora mo
And the beautiful sunset we no longer get to see

He turns the page to show him, Yza and Rukia at the anime convention in their cosplay. He had some signatures written underneath from anime directors and VA's who had attended.

Sayonara nante niawanai
No farewell for us, even if you'll be

He turns the page to see a picture of the Ryuzaki Mansion. Underneath that is a small picture of a failed ponytail he had tried making, and next to that a bacon sandwich he had made during the same week.

Unmei ga tooku kakechigaete mo
Far from everything that may remind you of me

He flips to the next page, where he is an autumn gear. Underneath that is him in winter gear, this time with a proper ponytail. Next to that is a small picture of Ryu in Kyoto, glued on a postcard he sent.

Saisho no hitotsu dake, osoroi dakara ii
But at least we've had our time, and we made each other smile

He turned the page again, and it shows a picture of him scoring a point during an important game, a picture of all the revision papers Rukia handed him, and finally on the last page is a picture of him, Rukia and Zeon after graduating their first year of highschool. Underneath he wrote "Dedicated to Yza".

Zenbu kiete mo, tada sore dake wa hotsurenai
If all must disappear, I'll carry you so dearly inside of me.

Shika closes the book, smiles and looks up to the window, where the sun is shining through.