Afterword

Welcome to the end. It seems you've made it through 49 chapters, 7 Q n As and 4 OP/EDs worth of my writing. Whether you enjoyed it or not, what awaits at the end is a warm "thank you", from me.

On the 14th April, it was Z World's official one year anniversary. Honestly, it was a sheer coincidence that Z World's final chapter, #49: Yza Blade, was published on the 13th, a single day before then.

Through this long year, I've always asked myself this one question: has my writing improved, or gotten worse?

There's no lie that certain parts of Z World past the first three or so chapters already shows my writing going downhill. In all honesty, descriptive, technical and tightly-written prose will never be my thing, but it's always fun to attempt to do so.

It's just a shame I'll always struggle to try and describe stuff in perfect detail and in a way that flows well, but practice makes perfect. I think I really exhausted everything I had during the final volume. I think the best chapter was 45, if we're talking about the most technical prose writing.

My writing will never be up to scratch to actual published works, but in a way that's okay. That's the unique charm of Z World. It's the fact I decided to try and push myself to make this story without cutting any corners. It's kind of like a home-grown feeling, I suppose.

However, in my journey to claw from the bottom to the very top, something quite unexpected happened.

While being gloomy about Z World's consistent dropping of ranking in the cardfightvanguard, vanguard, and cardfight tags, it had somehow managed to get on to the top ten of the shounen tag. Slowly, over time, Z World had managed to break into the 3rd place ranking.

At first I thought nothing of it, but on the day of the anniversary, Z World had astonishingly gotten #1.

I'm both humbled and shocked at this achievement

I could declare proudly, that my book was the Number 1 Shounen on Wattpad.

Of course, that title didn't last for very long, but while I was king of Wattpad shounen, strangely, no real emotions had changed in me.

I was self-fulfilled for sure. Happy, excited, over the moon and bridled with joy. But I felt like my usual prideful self, in the end. It felt all the same. It felt like nothing had really changed.