#46: Heritage

"Let me give you this scenario. Say you've managed to evacuate the entirety of Tokyo just before a dragon from another world can burn it down with black flames and cause the sky to turn red with the smoke it produces, because said dragon wants to set the scene of an apocalyptic hell for a God of destruction, who also, coincidentally, comes down from the sky not long after, and the only way to get rid of him is to play a game of Vanguard. If you think this scenario is ridiculous, welcome to card game fan fiction. To continue this train of crazy, the person who will fight the God first is one of Japan's most wanted criminals who is so dangerous, they keep him locked up underground secluded from the rest of society because if they let him out, he might kill a man or two. Now, let's say this scenario is happening right now. Would you believe me? If you answered yes, then congratulations, you're reading Z World. If you answered no, then keep reading anyways, because don't let me becoming monologuing trash distract you from the fact this all actually happened and Fox is a lazy writer. Grab some popcorn and free time, cuz you finna witness #46: Heritage. Spoiler alert, I win."

(Opening here)

Ryuzaki's face was burdened with concentration

Ryuzaki's face was burdened with concentration. The sharpness of his eyes, the cutthroat look in his pupils, the sly smirk arched perfectly between his bridged nose and shapely chin never wavered, not even once, when looking up at the behemoth of a God. Gyze, however, looked down at Ryuzaki with little regard, and simply continued to flash out beams of light that eradicated the surrounding area; corroding the brittle leftovers of once monolith towers into nothing.

"This is absurd... I'm about to play Vanguard with a God who wants to kill me. Go figures." Ryuzaki thought, glancing at the deck of cards in his right hand, and his smirk turned downwards, as if he were "getting serious". "I still think that being transported to another planet is weirder."

Gyze continued to stomp over Tokyo, each time the minutest of aura radiating from his feet managed to burn and crumble away the very Earth beneath him. The crust eroded away, exposing the mantle of the Earth Ryuzaki was on. Currently, he was standing at the edge of the crater Gyze formed earlier when he attacked Callum. Callum was still lying in the crater, with his current condition unknown.

"Gyze." Ryuzaki announced, putting the deck into the air. "I'll have a game of Vanguard with you."

"I accept." Gyze said, stopping at a halt. Like before, two holographic fight mats were created, a colourless one in front of Gyze, and a red one in front of Ryuzaki. The two entered their decks into the fight mats, and they automatically shuffled and distributed to each player their hand of floating cards.

"I'm ready." Ryuzaki said, looking over his hand.

"So am I." Gyze said.

"Stand up, (Z), Vanguard!"

"Neon Gyze." Gyze announced, as hatching from the Mark of Gyze was the same alien foetus encompassed in a rainbow coloured egg shell.

"Chrono Dran Z!" Ryuzaki exclaimed, as he became a small, white armoured dragon. "I actually feel like the unit. It's like the GIRS System, but on a whole new level!"