- Part 3

Earlier that day, back at the Chinese restaurant.

"Phew, that was a good lunch break." Ryuzaki patted his bloated belly in satisfaction.

"I can still eat more!" Kurakuya shovelled char siu into his mouth.

"Is your stomach a black hole or something?!" Inu exclaimed, exhausted from eating all his dumplings.

"Anyways, we should probably go back to the festival committee to see how everyone's doing." Payic said.

"You guys can do that, I need to go visit a certain someone to make this easier for us." Ryuzaki said.

"Sure thing. Maverick, Inu, shall we?"

Just as C4 was about to leave, Riku bursted through the front doors and grabbed onto Inu in tears.

"Inuuuuuuu! I'm so sorry! Forgive meeeeeeeeee!"

"Oh no, they're having a lover's reunion." Ryuzaki cringed, hiding behind Maverick to avoid becoming a third wheel.

"H-huh? Riku, how the hell did you know I was here?"

"That's not important! I need your help! This is baaaaaaaaaaad! Like, reaaaaaaaaaaaally bad!!"

"Oh, maybe she doesn't regret breaking up with him after all." Ryuzaki said, peeking over Maverick's shoulder.

"O-okay, calm down, tell me what happened!"

Inu sat Riku down where Kurakuya once was. Ryuzaki left to take care of his business, but Payic and Maverick stayed behind to hear her out.

"I-I got this..."

Riku handed Inu an envelope while shaking. Inu opened it and read the letter inside. He looked at Riku, then at the letter, then at Riku, then at the letter with a puckered face.

"This lost me at illegal underground fighter."

Payic and Maverick looked at the letter and stared at Riku with puckered faces too.

"Eh... o-okay, huddle round... it's confession time."

Inu, Maverick, and Payic all surrounded Riku to make sure no one could eavesdrop on their conversation.

"The reason I'm so good at Vanguard is because I used to participate in underground cardfighting. Originally, I did it for the money, since the winners of the fight would take the earnings of the opponent, but I started improving rapidly due to how savage the battleground was. Eventually, I became so strong that I dethroned the King and became the new Queen. At that point, no one was coming close to beating me, so I left the underground scene in order to become a mainstream fighter and battle stronger opponents."

"You... you were Queen of the underground fighters?"

"Yes... I know, it's so shameful!"

"Are you kidding me?! No way, that's really kickass! I can't believe you were so cool!"

Payic smacked Inu around the head.

"Can you stop being a simp for one minute?! Now's not the time to be sucking up to her!"

"O-ow... sorry."

"This is pretty bad. If she doesn't pay this, then they'll expose her secret to everyone at the festival..." Payic analysed the situation.

"I was hoping to ask Ryuzaki if he could pay the money, but he's long gone now..." Riku said depressingly.

"Even if you asked him, he'd definitely refuse. He cut my pay this month because he's blowing a fat wad of cash on this festival!"