#5: Drachma

Yozora:
Hand: 6
Damage: 3
OXX
XOO

Inferno:
Hand: 4
Damage: 5
XXX
OOO

"Final turn, huh..." Yozora closed his eyes. "Prick."

"Here we go." Putting a card into the drop zone, it started to glow bright red.

(Opening here)

"With the cost being a card with the same name as my vanguard, I'll put my future on the line to end you now

"With the cost being a card with the same name as my vanguard, I'll put my future on the line to end you now. If I lose the fight, all of the cards in my Generation Zone will never return... So devour my future and manifest! Dragon Empire's Zeroth Dragon, Ultimate Stride! Zeroth Dragon of Inferno, Drachma!" The vanguard circle exploded with a black-red colour. Once more on the beach, Drachma appeared, spewing flames everywhere.

"Drachma's skill! Counterblast two and I retire all of your units!"

"All of my... units? My vanguard included?" Yozora asked.

"Yes. Your vanguard is retired too." After hearing this, Yozora flinched and moved all of his rear-guards and vanguard to the drop zone. "Now bind them face up." He picked up the cards and bound them face up. "Next, choose three cards in your hand. Discard two and ride one of them as your new vanguard!"

"I ride Myo-kurenai and discard these two." Yozora said through gritted teeth.

"This is really bad... Yozora only has three cards left in his hand..." Chiharu thought with a troubled face. "Please survive and win..." She begged in her mind.

"Smart choice. I call High Flame and use his skill to put two Overlord cards in my discard pile back into my deck. I then draw a card. Call Lava Flow. Boosted by Flow, Glow Heater! (17000)"

"No guard... (Flame Wheel Star Demon Series, Wanyudo) Critical, all effects to vanguard. (11000 > 16000)"

"Drachma, burn him into a crisp! (36000)"

"Generation Guard! True Guardian of Star Demon Series, Gozu!" Yozora exclaimed with a flustered face. "Gozu's skill, I call the top five cards of my deck to the guardian circle! (Possessed Star Demon Series, Kameosa, Shape-shifting Star Demon Series, Bakeneko, Blind Star Demon Series, Te-no-me, Black Turtle Star Demon Series, Genbu, Stardust Nurse) (16000 > 31000 > 66000) No pass!"

"Triple drive! (Lizard General, Conroe, Protect Orb Dragon, Gattling Claw Dragon) Draw trigger. I give 5000 to Nehalem and draw. (11000 > 16000)"

"Gozu's skill, I return all of the other cards I used to guard with back to the deck and soulcharge one. (Landscaping Star Demon Series, Daidarabotchi)"

"Nehalem's skill, since my Overlord vanguard attacked, he gets 5000 power. (16000 > 21000) Now he attacks! (28000)"

"No guard, damage check... (Black Turtle Star Demon Series, Genbu)" Yozora breathed a sigh of relief. "I'm damn lucky I got that heal earlier on."