- Part 5

The festival was open.

"Yza!"

Standing at Rina's ramen stall as their first customer, Rukia Takanori, dressed up in a beautiful dark blue and pink accented kimono, beckoning her boyfriend to come over and join her.

"Ramen!"

Yza rushed over, completely ignoring his stunning girlfriend in favour for the fragrant bowl of ramen Rina was preparing for him.

"At least we know where his priorities lie." Rukia laughed at him.

"That's... not the response I think she was expecting." Rina chided him before handing over the ramen.

"I'm starving, and between you and the ramen, I'd rather eat the ramen. Sorry!" Yza threw his cash at Rina. "Keep the change!"

"Is sex the only thing on your mind?" Rukia sighed, shaking her head.

"No, I also think about how god damn hot these noodles are! I think I burnt my tongue..." Yza gawked.

"B-be careful while eating it..." Rina handed him a glass of ice water.

"When the food fights back, you know it's fresh." Yza slurped the water, then went back to devouring the rest of his meal.

"Is it true this stall can walk?" Rukia asked while eating her ramen.

"Mhm! There's a little control panel... Sanda, hold onto something, I'm going to show it to them." Rina pressed a green button and pulled a lever forward.

The stall raised itself upwards, and four small legs came out from underneath. Crawling forward, Yza and Rukia jumped out of the way as to not get squished by it. The stall was small enough it could also walk in the same pathway as the people attending.

"Oh wow, it's ramen on wheels!" Rukia was surprised at how smooth it ran.

"That's so cool!" Yza exclaimed, chasing after it.

However, he was stopped by a newly formed wall of festival goers who took notice of her stall walking. They were taking pictures and ordering ramen from it due to how different it was from the other stalls present.

"Welp, that's bust... I wanted seconds too!"

"We can go visit her once things die down. For now, do you want to go play some of the games?"

"Hell yeah! Let's go goldfish scooping, I'm a pro at that!"

"I was thinking we should do the gun shooting."

"Oh, are you good with a gun like your brother?"

"Maybe. You'll just have to see." Rukia winked.

"Ah, fine, let's have it. The loser has to pay for the next snack."

"I hope you brought spare change then~"

"I totally set myself up for bankruptcy haven't I...?"

Rukia hummed as she walked to the gun shooting stall. Yza followed, looking at the lit up lanterns hanging from the trees with a smile. He admired the surroundings, immersed in the hard work done by the organisers and volunteers.

While enjoying the view of the night sky, the intricate decorations, and the colourful attractions, Yza neglected to look where he was going and ended up bumping into someone. Their foreheads smacked together, and both boys fell to the floor.

"Ow ow ow... sorry about tha-" Yza's eyes widened as he looked at who he ran into. "H-holy shit..."

"Watch where you're going, dumbass." Shouto Sawada grumbled, getting up and staring down at Yza. His short red hair and constantly glaring eyes made for a menacing combination.