Chapter 139

Holding her scythe, the Burial Blade over her shoulder like a sack or a bag, she strode forward confidently. Wanda fired that red beam of chaos energy at her. Like she mentioned earlier, it was boring. It was just her trying to overwhelm another with pure power.

It would have worked if it weren't for one fact. Chaos energy is in a higher tier than the infinity stones but it was by no means superior to a force of creation and destruction like the first flame. She did not shoot her with beams of flame.

She just wrapped herself around in a transparent veil of flame that blocks everything in front of her. Of course, even though it may look thin transparent, it was by no means a flimsy piece of glass. It was proven by the fact that despite all these barrage of chaos energy it did not even flicker.

"You god damned monster... ", muttered Wanda as reality around her changes once more.

She did not think those words were meant for her to hear but when your senses have been heightened to several degrees, even words that were not meant for her naturally flows into her ears.

Of course, she did not allow it to happen anymore and closed the gap in an instant. Using her feet she let the scythe down and swept it lightly the foot of her disciple causing her to be separated from her leg. A person's guard is always down before using a move.

If it were before she made a move or even during it, she had no doubt her disciple could react to it. Even with her average physical talents, the combination of magic, chaos and energy were more than enough to react to her straightforward advances.

Although, physical force is not involved, she would have tensed her muscles before manipulating reality or using any other magic. It was not something not her fault that she had this flaw. It was simply pure human instinct to tense muscles before doing anything with force.

A moment before pitching, a moment before running, a moment before punching, right then, that was when a person's guard is at their weakest. Right before their guard reaches the highest level when making a move, a person was at their weakest. She merely took advantage of that.

Despite the fact that she likely had more experienced than her due to the long span of time, it seems her intelligence in the battlefield still remains insufficient. It was of a similar fashion to a young wild lion being stronger than an older, more mature one at the zoo.

Merely taking her leg was not enough, she left behind lighting energy there to wreck continous havoc causing immense pain. Another thing lightning does is paralyze an organism. The lightning rampaging within her body rendered her unable to move utterly useless.

That was the weakness of reality manipulators. The lightning she injected wreaked havoc in parts of the brain paralyzing her completely with the exception of some movement. A brain is still needed to manipulate anything and that includes reality.

An eye for an eye. A life for a life. A slash for a slash. Just as her disciple left behind chaos energy, she left behind her own energy as well. Just as her wounds would not heal, the wounds she left behind would not heal either.

"So then, how shall thou compensate me for this wound thou has left upon mine body?"

She walked right in front of her disciple and looked down at her as she clutched her wounds writhing in pain. There were few beings and warriors both from her world and this, that would shrugged the pain of without a second thought. Wanda was not among them.

"Many times have I fought in this world and mine. Never have I gotten a wound due to underestimation of my foe in battle. Now there is one.

An extraordinary achievement, Wanda Maximoff.", she praised the girl lying before her.

Chains shot through the ground trying to bind her once more. Even despite the pain, she still tried to put up some resistance. She cut through them all with her scythe as she was always on guard even at this moment.

"Now, how shall we reward thee for thine achievements?"

She put the sharp end of her scythe and pressed it down on the back of her disciple. It only made a small but in her back but that forced her down nonetheless. She looked at Chthon floating in the air to see if he would make a move but he still floated in the air staring at them.

Up till now, she could not think of a single reason on why Chthon would prefer watching them rather than getting personally involved. If he had been involved, there was no doubt she would have been overwhelmed by them.

"Now, how shall I reward thee?", she ignored Chthon since he is not doing anything till this moment and focus her attention back onto her disciple that lay bleeding and sprawling on the floor.

"Vertically down the eyes?

Horizontally across the torso alongside both arms?

Diagonally from one shoulder to the other waist?

Or perhaps splitting the face and the body along the visor line?

Tis a farewell gift and I do not care for the means.

Choose my dear child, how thou wish to depart from this accursed world ...", she waited for a response before doing anything else.

"I have never recall you being this cruel... teacher.", her small voice got out despite the immense pain.

"True, but one must change according to the circumstances. That is a fact neither thee nor I can change. Tis the way of nature and I shall act upo-"

"JUST KILL ME!", her speech was interrupted.

"No need to scream, my dear child. Thou art quite conceited, aren't you dear child? Will thou deny me the freedom of cutting thee when I wish to?"

The response of her disciple was merely tears streaming down her eyes. Well, it is time for an end as all things shall end. There was no need to drag this further out than it needs to go on.

Lifting the scythe to the neck of her disciple she watched upon the living face of her disciple one last time. Tears were streaming down her eyes yet she looked upon her with something she would not normally see in combat. It was pity.

She did not what action she did to warrant pity in the eyes of her disciple but it would be a lie to tell that it did not cause a violent response within her. In on swift motion, her disciple was divided into a head in a body.

Blood sprayed out from the severed neck like a fountain as some sprayed down her chin from her face. Her clothes soaked in blood both her's and Wanda's yet she felt as if she was feeling nothing.

.

.

.

.

.

This is Chapter 139.

I am not writing her into become an unnecessarily cruel character. This will be relevant later on.