Chapter 115

A large hand strikes at her from the shadow of darkness but she was able to easily roll back and dodge it. It was then that another hand came at her. She parried it with her scythe. The darkness eventually cleared up and she got a look at what were attacking her.

They were massive, slender, alien-like creatures. Creatures unlike anything she has ever seen before. They resembled giant mushrooms that had arms and legs.

They were light bluish in color and their arms are curiously elastic. Although having a humanoid stature, they are severely deformed. Their heads are extremely large and misshaped, appearing to fold over itself and connect to its shoulders. It lacks any recognizable facial features.

She decided to focus on one at a time. She rushed straight at one but another one hit her during the attempt. She blocked it with her scythe once more but did not let that stop her. She freed one of her hands and performed a chop at it right in the middle.

She did not know what she hit but it must have been some brain-like structure. How could she tell this? Well, there were memories rushing into her as she splatted its brains. The brain is a mysterious organ that no one can fully understand.

It was not her who was watching over those memories. It was these things that were projecting images straight into her brain. She did not reject it and chose to accept it all. She is in desperate need of information at the moment.

It showed of a child kidnapped by someone. It was something he referred it as the Healing Church. She has not once, ever heard of it in her life. There was not much information. She only saw the various sufferings of those innocent children.

Imagine stretching your limbs so far that they deformed and trapping your face in a sack of blood and flesh alongside your shoulders. Their skins no longer its natural colour made to resemble something inhumane.

Imagine going through all that pain and suffering just to be called Living failures. The torture was both physical and psychological. That was also why they seemed very weak. They were children after all.

The humans that did it to them wanted to become something they were never meant to be. She could easily recognize it. There were people back in Lordran who would perform various experiments in an attempt to become a true dragon.

Even the likes of Seath, a true ancient dragon, just without scales went literally insane from these kinds of experiments. Nothing much has to be said about mere humans attempting to become god. It would have never worked.

It also seemed like they were trying to imitate one. Such foolishness. She felt sorry for these kids that writhes in pain even now but now was not the time for sympathies. She has grown too used and accustomed to suffering.

But, they were not the one she had been looking for. She has been looking for the hunter that has been cursed by the future her. It was then that a very clear bell went off from somewhere in the distance.

Somebody or something had rang it. The sky itself started darkening. A red moon became slowly visible as it illuminates the night that has fallen upon them. All of the living failures had stopped dead in their tracks.

She was curious on what else would happen but she would not miss this opportunity. She slayed each of them one by one by cutting every single one into pieces. She then burned them with fire just to be sure. After all, she cannot tell if it will rise up again.

Dark matter slowly made way into the sky as it cover up the moon. It resembled an eclipse. She did not like eclipses. It always cover up the brilliant sun with darkness. Although it was now a moon she still did not like it regardless.

It expand further and further till she started smelling something pungent. Green, slimy liquid started falling from the black ball of darkness that covered the moon. She placed a hand towards her mouth.

Although, she could made herself incapable of vomitting, she was tempted to do that. She still resembled a human. it was anything she has ever smelled. With blood, pus and mucus mixed with the rotten smell of corpses.

She has smelt some horrible things on the plains of Lordran but this was worse. It was as if someone intentionally went out of their way to make something as worse as it can get. She greatly doubt that anyone would get used to the smell.

Any normal human might have died from the smell alone. She too couldn't help but cover her mouth. It was not a reaction to the bad smell. It was survival instinct. She may no longer be human but she had once been human as well.

A skeleton with rotten flesh still hanging from it started crawling out from under the mist alongside more all those liquids. With putrid flesh still in the process of rotting, just watching made her flinch.

But it has yet to be over. Whispers could be heard from her ear. She tried to ignore but it refused to go away. She got a headache from words she could not understand. It was the words of a higher being not meant to understand by the likes of her.

Words of a greater being was not to be listened by lesser beings. The thing continued crawling out. She tried to interrupt by shooting bolts of flame at it but there was something blocking it. It was like this every time.

The Ashen One had once told her that he tried to prevent something from showing up before they even fought but failed every time. Something must come out and a battle is inevitable.

She put away her scythe and took out the spear of Ornstein instead. She did not want to get close to that thing at all. She gathered lightning at the tip of it. Good. It was working exactly as she hoped. She held the spear in one hand while she watched it emerge slowly.

.

.

.

.

.

This is Chapter 115.

I hope you know who the thing coming out is. If you don't I will explain it in the next chap so no worries.

Anyway, tell me what you think so far.