Chapter 119

The view along the way was in a way, boring. It was interesting at first but there is not much to see when all the land has withered away to fine dust. Yet the iron smell of blood remains stubbornly.

It was a little uncomfortable but she got used to it later. After all, it was only a matter of getting familiar with it once again. Somehow the battles she had in this world did not have much blood.

She climbed the so called 'Astral Clocktower'. She did not what it is or what it holds but the name Clocktower should have been obvious that it was huge clock tower.

It was old. Very old. The wood has already started the process of decay and rot yet they remain firm. It must have been a very build tower. The brick walls beside were also in the process of crumbling.

She climbed up these dangerous stairs with caution in case of a trap. It wasn't once or twice that the Ashen One had died to traps. He has even died of falling from a cliff. She did not wish to die to such circumstances.

She looked into the hall that was present and inside was chair. But, that chair wasn't unoccupied. It had someone sitting on it. It was a girl. She had white hair and word leather garments.

She walked towards the girl that appeared to be sleeping. Or rather, she was dead from what she can tell. Yet, she remained seated as if she was just resting her eyes.

With the leather cap with a feather in it and a sword in the middle of her arms, she seemed to be someone of high caliber and radiated power. Lessons from Lordran should have taught her not to touch a corpse but she could not help it.

She was the most beautiful woman she has ever had the chance to see. With high cheekbones and sharp eyebrows, just looking at her should tell you that she was tough person with a story of her own.

There was some blood under chair but she ignored that one. Blood was far too common among these days. In fact, she would be surprised if there were no blood.

She was sitting while crossing her legs on a chair that resembled a throne and that alone was a very strong sight to see. But, her head was leaning towards the side for a bit. A few strands of her hair had fallen out of her cap over her face.

Her hand slowly reached towards her face with the intention to slip the hair to the side. She felt cold and did not resemble the living in anyway. Her hands were close to her nose yet she felt no breath.

Just as she touched the hair, a hand shot up to her wrists. It was a strong grip but nothing she had not experienced before. She was astonished and did not think of moving away immediately.

The lady pulled her straight towards her face looking at her right in the eyes as if she could see through her metal blindfolds. In a serene and soft voice that seems to be a perfect fit with her, she uttered a few words.

"A corpse ... should be left well alone."

She still could not react with a face come right in front of her. It was so close that she could feel the breath that came out of her right in her face. The stunning facial features of the lady did not help one bit.

She did not even want to remove the hands that gripped her own hands. She slowly retracted her hand as she walked backwards. The lady did not try to grab her but followed along before slowly letting her hands go.

It was a gentle touch. She did not even think she has ever been handled so tenderly as if she were a doll that would break with a moment's touch. Once she moved away, the lady stood up.

"Oh. I know very well how the secrets beckon so sweetly."

She slowly walked towards her.

"Only an honest death can cure you now."

She lifted her 'sword' up. It was more like a double blade like the one Thanos used. She held it above her head and separated it with force. It became two swords much in a similar way to her scythe.

"Liberate you from your wild curiosity."

She took out her scythe as she got ready. Beautiful, she may be yet that does not meant that she would sit down and watch herself get mauled by that blade.

The lady raised an eyebrow as she looked at her scythe. It appears that she recognized it. By the looks of what she was now seeing, her suspicions had been confirmed.

Both of them held what Eitri called 'trick weapons'. The dwarf king had mentioned it to her when he brought out her scythe. Despite the battle that was about to begin, she tried talking.

After all, it was the first time since an opponent of hers look like someone that would sit down and actually talk. Mephisto was not included in this concept since it was the affairs of her disciple. The rest would not talk or would just ignore her.

"Hold there, fair lady. I hath no ill will for thee and I am not here to seek answers. I am merely but a visitor. I wish to avoid this confrontation if possible."

The fair lady did not proceed to battle but stood there to talk like a civilized person. She had a feeling it was due to her particular choice of weapon.

"Hmmm a visitor? How unexpected...

Then the secrets of the church had been laid bare.

Good hunter, lost in the nightmare.

What did you think? Of that beastly legend, and those ailing ward's of the church.

...I know what you did to them...

It's not your fault. The nightmare held them, and now they are free.

But, what about you? Have you profited at all?"

She replied to her words,

"My fair maiden, I am afraid I do not follow thy words.

I hath slay beasts but none for my own.

I hath been lost in these nightmares but I believe I have found the way.

I hath yet to discover the secrets of the church but I believe them to stand in front of me."

The lady merely looked at her and seemed to fall in deep thought.

.

.

.

.

.

This is Chapter 119.

I know I overdid a bit on Lady Maria but she is awesome.

I have an idea of what I will do to her but what do you think I should do? Leave some comments.