Chapter 129

But just before the bad penetrated on the skull of the mad titan, it stopped. Rather, she stopped. She could see green wisps of energy glowing on the gauntlet of the mad titan.

'The time stone!', she noted in her head as Thanos back handed right on her cheek. It did not, however connect as she teleported away. This would not be her first time dealing with the powers of time.

Thanos seems surprised that she managed to get out of the shackles of time. How? The answer was more simple than one might expect. She simply burned through her shackles. Holding back would not suffice when dealing with the mad titan.

She took out the lightning spear of Ornstein and threw it straight at the face of the mad titan. She did not waved it around to clear the debris. She was not even using her eyes to fight. In fact, the debris that filled the air was helping her instead.

Thanos tried to stop the spear instead of dodging. Perhaps it was his last bit of pride as the overlord of the universe before he became a puppet of death. Now, she was sending him back to her kingdom.

Did she pitied him? Absolutely not. What belongs to the kingdom of death shall stay in the kingdom of death. And it was not as if she was familiar with Thanos. They were not exactly on good terms either so, she had no qualms about killing him.

Thanos used the space stone to cut off the space between them to stop the spear. However it did not work. She coated the spear in both lightning and flame. Flames to protect the spear and the lightning to attack.

It was less like a spear travelling and more like the spear travelling due to her flames that coated it. The space between them was burned all the way through so it was more like the spear has teleported right in front of him.

Even when the spear was mere inches from his face, the titan did not panic. With the hand that was not wearing a gauntlet, he caught the spear while enduring all the lightning that comes with it. It was a mistake. The spear did not relent and continued to push onwards.

Thanos too did not relent and kept the spear firm in his grip although he slid backwards by a lot. Of course, she did not stand there and watch him trying to push back the spear. She already rushed alongside the spear with the scythe in one again.

With lightning covering her entire body from the vision of the mad titan, she jumped out from being with flames already coating her scythe in its combined form once he caught the spear. She did not to hesitate to swing it at his neck.

Still despite not seeing her, his years of experience saved him. He let go of the spear and stepped back real quick to dodge the blow. He succeeded in escaping with his life but came out with more than a scratch. He held his hands to his neck to stop the blood from flowing.

A few millimetres and it would have been over. He knelt down. His pride had failed him. The mad titan got have dodged the spear and came out unscratched. She did not stood there to watch him. Normally, she would have and said a few words but she immediately set out to kill him.

She let go of a few fireballs to pound his body once more and to cover top herself. She cracked the ground with a single step and rushed at him with every intention to kill him. That's when a purple glow from his gauntlet glowed once more and let out a powerful shockwave.

She did not let herself be blown away and rushed in covering herself in flames. She aimed her scythe at his neck once more fully intent to take it off but this is exactly what she wanted Thanos to see.

He was using the time stone to heal his neck and attempted to jump back once more. Just as she was in reach she suddenly changed her position and cut his hands off. He was now powerless.

One who wields all six infinity stones should not be taken down. this easily yet one lies kneeling right in front of her. He had been too greedy for himself. He should have ignore his wounds and battle putting his life on the line.

She doubted he would even try to heal himself had it been in the normal timeline but here, he knew death. After this, he was no more. He was too cautious forgetting that he was once a bold leader with hordes following him.

A mad titan, a tyrant with raging strength and battle intelligence reduced to a merely powerful idiot that was too greedy for life with nothing to offer but pride. He should have had little attention for his life. He should have ignored the bleeding and deal with her onslaught.

That was the difference between the Thanos that knelt in front of her and the Thanos that slaughtered worlds. Back then, he did not fear death and would not hesitate to go into her kingdom to fulfill his ideals. Now, he cowered before it.

He cowered before Death so much he could not even muster the full force of the infinity gauntlet. It was a weapons that could destroy entire universes. Now, it has became mere decoration upon his hands. Only used to abuse the weak.

Useless against on such as her, devoid of mortality and weakness.

Death did not knew the minds of mortals. Immortals may never change but mortals do. Death brought out what it thought was a powerful king in his prime full of ambition and pride. Instead what she brought out was an old king who longs for nothing but his withering throne.

His greed was his downfall. His desire for life far more than he could handle making him end up with nothing more than a husk. A pedestal for what was his end.

A mad titan feared by the universe now kneeling in front of her. She could not control her smile when she thought of it like that. Why? She did not knew. She simply could not help but smile at the titan clutching his wounds.

She reached out her hand and place it upon his head. The titan felt this and looked up. His last sight a blond girl whose eyes were covered in metal braces smiling upon him.

The titan no longer has the protection of the infinity stones. His natural strength has failed him due to him relying too much on the stones. The stones were after all, only an external object.

Placing her hands upon his head, she generated flames with force blowing the head of Thanos away. She couldn't help but notice a glimpse of his former past returning to his eyes before he accepted his fate as a headless body with no life.

Round one was over. It was easier than she expected. Now, she await Death for more opponents. She await the sound of the Grandmaster in her head appearing once more as a guiding light.

.

.

.

.

.

This is Chapter 129.

Sorry for the long delay. Hope you enjoy! I will keep uploading regularly.

Tell me what you think!