Chapter 32

'A city where nightmarish abominations roam', it was an oddly comforting thought.

But 'a city of healing'?', that was a conflicting thought.

She could instantly form a connection with her home due to the nightmarish abominations but not with the word healing.

'Yharnem' also sounds like a name from Lothric, her home world. However, to get this news of the legendary city, she would have to agree to Odin's 'quest'.

She easily accepted the barter with the ancient one due to no one being hurt but, this was different. She would have to kill or defeat another being to get what she wants.

'Is it truly fair?' She thought to herself.

"Hela is a warlike girl. If she became the goddess of Asgard, she would drown the nine realms in their blood. Her bloody conquest will eventually expand towards the universe.

I cannot allow that. Asgard has shed enough blood in my reign. I do not wish for there to be further bloodshed."

As if sensing her hesitation in murdering a random woman, Odin quickly turned his own daughter into a murderous demon.

As stated before, he was an excellent king. It comforted her more than she would care to admit. The fact that she would be slaying an evil princess was more appealing that it should be.

Hela also appeared to be similar to her father. Neither Loki nor Thor was fit to be kings. She, however, would have been a perfect ruler if it weren't for her lust for war and death.

'Like father like daughter', she thought to herself. Odin had three children, yet she wonders if Thor was the adopted one since he resembled Odin the least.

'What would thou suggest, Alduin?', she made sure to use the word suggest since Alduin seems to loathe the fact that she would rely on him too much.

'I would suggest killing her. But we should see her first and if what Odin says her is true, do you really think she will allow a potential threat to roam freely in the nine realms.', replied Alduin.

He was right, she supposed. If Hela was like what Odin described, she would never allow a threat like her to roam freely.

"Very well, I shall accept thine offer and shall do as our bid'st.", she did not like Odin as much as she like the Ancient One. She decided to keep minimum contact with him. If Odin knew of this, she doubted that he would mind.

"Excellent, we shall depart immediately to get your weapon before completing the deed." He did not mention a single thing about Yharnam yet, perhaps out of fear that she would go back on her words.

They both teleported over to the Bifrost where it was being guarded by Heimdal. Odin lifted some restrictions on this occasion it seems.

"Get us to Nidavellir. Also, tell Thor and the little girl that we will be going somewhere." It appears that he went over to Bifrost intentionally to inform Heimdall even when he could have done it himself.

Blinding lights then enveloped the both of them. Eventually they reached the place called Nidavellir. It was the most majestic she has ever laid her eyes upon. This included Asgard and Earth.

Constructs of metal filled everywhere with giants walking around forging different things. Oddly, even though they were at least twice as big as her, they looked short.

"The dwarves are masters of forging, and this is their home world.", Odin explained.

'Dwarves? I thought them to be giants', she thought to herself. Dwarves existed in Lothric too. But they were not as big as them.

"Odin!", bellowed a loud voice.

"Why have you come here?", asked a dwarf as he walked out of what appears to be his forge. He looked happy.

"I have a favor to ask of you, Eitri. I would like to ask you to forge a weapon for this girl over here."

"A weapon? Of course, Odin as long as Asgard keep its promise, we will produce weapons for you. So, this is the girl? She looks small."

A dwarf calling her small, now she had heard of everything.

"She calls herself firekeeper and this is Eitri, king of the dwarves.", Odin introduced the both of them. Eitri seems strangely contend to forge a weapon for what basically was an unknown stranger.

"So, Ms. keeper, what do you want me to forge?", asked Eitri. Despite being a king like Odin, she could tell that he was a kind one. Kinder than Odin, at least. He did not ask for any reason or payment. Odin's guarantee was enough for him.

"Thank you for the kindness thou hath shown me, me dear Eitri. But I fear I do not need thee to forge a weapon for I could sense one calling forth for me withing thy forge."

"Is that so?", he did not seem surprised by this information.

"Yes, I have heard of destined weapons. This is the first time I will be seeing one selected. Follow me.", he motioned as he want into his own forge. There, he picked out a few boxes.

"You will choose which one it is.", he gave her the choice. He looked to be very interested in the process of choosing. She picked out the one that has been calling to her since she got here. Eitri opened it and in there was a curved sword alongside a handle.

"The Burial Blade" said Eitri.

"It is not a mighty weapon. It is what we called a trick weapon for it has many functions but only those who are truly skilled may use it to its full potential." He started going further into the history of this weapon.

"It is the very first trick weapon in history. Forged by Andre, an outcast among us dwarves."

"Andre?", she asked.

"Andre was an outcast among us due to him being smaller than you. But he was a brilliant smith, nevertheless. We do not know where he is for, he disappeared a long time ago."

It seems she has seen another one from her home world made it here. This made her felt more and more hope. First, Yharnem, that she knows nothing of and now, its Andre, the smith back from her home world.

"Take it Ms. Keeper. This is called a trick weapon because it can be used as a curved blade or a scythe. You will find it handy for both short-range and long-range combat.

Its sharpness is unparalleled, and it can allow magic to flow through it easily. There are no other special properties."

She took the blade and the handle out of the box. She first tries swinging the blade and it fitted perfectly in her hands. Then, she fixed to the handle and spin it around. It was also perfect.

It wasn't a powerful weapon, but it was a perfect weapon with no side effects. Eitri then led her out of the forge where Odin was still waiting for them.

"So, you have got your own weapon. A worthy one. Now, I believe it is time to fulfill your bargain." "What about thine promise about information from Yharnem?"

"I will reveal it after you have completed your agreement."

"Very well then.", she accepted it as it is not as if she could force it out of him. She could now summon the everlasting dragons, but it would devastate Nidavellir.

He then tapped his spear on the ground, and both were enveloped in the Bifrost as they flew to the land of the death.