Chapter 89

She could the sound of metal tearing through flesh as they approached the Great Knight Artorias. She could also feel the excitement of the great grey wolf running below her. Artorias must have been a great character. Animals were sometimes the best judges of character.

And there it was she was him slaughtering creatures from the Abyss. With his great shield, nothing could come close to him. And with his great sword, he would cleave anything that come close to him in half. He then turned and looked at them.

"Good Boy! Let's see who you have brought back!"

She was beginning to think that Artorias wasn't what she expected but that did not dampen her excitement one bit. She looked down at the great grey wolf to see that his tail was spinning like a fan with his tongue hanging out.

He now looked less like a great grey wolf and more like a dog. He was speeding up to the point where she had to grip his fur so she wouldn't fall off. He pushed his face straight into the arms of the great knight.

"Yes, yes, you are a good boy. Now who have we got on your back?", he said as looked over at her.

She got down from there and knelt in front of him. He was no lord. He was but a mere knight, but he was someone deserving of her respect. She had never knelt even before the everlasting dragons, but she admired him with all her heart.

"Knight Artorias, thou may address me as firekeeper. I came here to you all the way in the Abyss for there are some questions I wish to address thee."

"All the way to the Abyss? My, my, one with many questions. Ask away. I have nothing to hide."

"Doth thou know this to be a different world?"

"What? Different world?", he looked around.

"Yes, the land of Lordran is no more. Doth thou remember Manus then?"

"Of course, I do! I was corrupted by him. I remember being killed by the Chosen Undead. And all of a sudden, I woke up here inside the Abyss with Sif by my side."

"And thou would continue staying here?"

"I would. I am Artorias of the Abyss. It would not be wrong to say that I belong to the Abyss."

"And what gave thou the audacity to challenge the Abyss once again when thou do not know if Manus can best thee once again?"

"I have a wolf this time."

"I do admit Sif to be a strong helper, but I still do not see how the wolf can help against the might of the Abyss."

"Well, first time, I was careless and had to send him out but this time, I got a wolf."

It's like his mind revolves around his wolf.

"But why would thou do that? Why kill Manus? Is it the instruction of Gwyn?"

"I have save the princess."

"What princess?"

"The princess Dusk from the despicable Abyss. But I do not know if she exist here."

"I believe it would be wise not to."

"Keeper, I am not just a knight of Gwyn. I cannot remain anonymously without doing anything. I am Artorias, the Abysswalker and I also have a wolf."

Sif let out a bark.

"I do not know if Sif would be of any help but why would thou keep going into the Abyss?"

And then it hit her. The possibility was so absurd that she did not even think of it before but recalling a certain son of Odin, it came into her mind.

"Art, thou retarded?"

"No, I'm Artorias."

Great, he was retarded. She found it hard to believe that he would have always been like this. Maybe the corruption of the Abyss reached to the depths of his brain.

"I implore thee not to go into the Abyss."

"But I have to! There's a princess awaiting my rescue!"

"My dear Artorias, who is the princess?"

"I do not know."

"Where does she come from?"

"I do not know."

"What is her name?"

"I do no know?"

"So, who is the princess?!"

"I don't know!"

She was starting to raise her voice by now. Maybe parts of his brain she couldn't sense were corrupted by the Abyss.

"Why would thou save some thou do not even to exist?!"

"But I have the wolf!"

"The wolf offer no help in this affair!"

"My dear keeper, I need to accomplish this mission for which I will be remembered. For which I will be revered. For which there will be a fanservice club of dancing murderers who will kill each other!"

How did he know of the Abyss Watchers? She swore that Artorias would not be something like this. It is said that Wolnir combined with someone called Galactus before he became known as Cosmic Horror. Had he also been combined with someone of this world?

She looked at him very closely. She did not see anything, and she doubted that anything in this world would know of the Abyss Watchers?

"How doth thou know of the Abyss Watchers?"

"They have got wolf blood in their veins. That is how I know of them."

"Then how would thou even come back from the fight with Manus?"

"Look at me, keeper. I got a huge shield. I got a gigantic sword. And a great wolf. How could I not come back? And I have a princess to save. I am going now."

He is obsessed over the fact that he has to save 'the princess'. She could not do anything to stop him so, she shall follow him along. At least that way, they have a higher chance of winning.

He went ahead and walked with almost no caution. But she could tell that he was looking out for every single thing he sees. Any creature that rushed over would have been killed by him the instant they got close.

And as she walked alongside him, she swore she could see a silhouette of a man wearing red tights all over his body. He was looking at something and appeared to be talking alone. She shook her head and dispelled the illusion as she follows the knight along.

.

.

.

.

.

I took the personality from the Purled in YouTube.