Chapter 47

"Hey there, jackass!", shouted Yondu from his ship as a man she assumed to be his son, Quill getting impaled by his father with tentacles. She could tell that it was the father penetrating the son due to their obvious similarities with their aura.

She was also a tad bit surprise to find a human here in space. Although he might only be half human he qualifies as a human.

"What is that thing?", she heard another girl with two bulbs out of her forehead. She resembled an angler fish.

"Out of the way, dumber, smaller Groot!", screamed the man with tattoos. He gives off an aura resembling that of a jolly man.

"Why is she here? She tried to murder me!" complained Rocket as he pointed at the mechanical girl.

"I needed a damn ride home and I saved you, stupid fox."

Quill than started arguing with a green girl. She thought about how the people on Earth would love the diversity here. There were really people of all colors and races.

"Who is this?", asked the man in tattoos. The rest also focused on her.

"Thou can refer to me as keeper and I accompanied this one here on his journey here.", she looked at rocket.

"Very good, I'm Quill" He then points at the rest identifying them.

"Gamora, Drax, Mantis, Nebula Now, we need to kill this celestial.", he said in a hurry.

"How do we kill a Celestial?", asked Drax

"There's a center to him. His brain, his soul, whatever it is...some sort of protective shell."

"It's in the caverns...below the surface.", answered Mantis who was clearly an empath like her.

"I beg thee to let me face Ego. I implore that you escape."

There were looks of distrust at the prospect of one being facing a celestial.

"Trust her and leave her alone. We have to go, now."

"Yondu?", Quill looked shocked.

"Thrusters are out.", said Yondu paying no heed to Quill's look of surprise.

"I should be glad I was a skinny kid. Otherwise, you'd have delivered me to this maniac."

"You still reckon that's the reason I kept you around, you idiot?"

"That's what you told me, you old doofus."

"Once I figured out what happened to them other kids...I wasn't just gonna hand you over."

"You said you were gonna eat me."

"That was being funny!"

"Not to me!" Although his body resembles that of Ego, his brain likely functions in a way similar to Thor.

"You people have issues.", chimed in Rocket.

"Of course I have issues." By this time, Ego was being reformed looking like a skeleton growing muscle.

"That's my freakin' father!"

"Thrusters are back up."

"We should be going up!"

"We can't! Ego wants to eradicate the universe as we know it. We have to kill him."

"I will kill him so do go up without worries my dear Quill." She looked at Yondu. He understood and went up immediately before Quill could say anything further.

She could sense some spaceships entering this atmosphere, but she left them to deal with it. After all, her prey was right in front of her.

"I can tell that you have killed someone like me. Where are they?" Ego looks enraged at the prospect of her killing someone like him. Besides, he probably thought that he was alone the entire time.

"Thou art a defective being and they hath no wish to contact with the likes of inferior beings."

Today she will kill a celestial and he will enter the furnace that is her soul.

"Then we should join forces to kill them. We are the only decent gods, and they will become part of me for the crime of insulting me." It seems he is eager to join forces with anyone to let himself assimilate with the universe.

"If the god thou claim to become, exists and he held a feast for all those with even a miniscule amount of decency, thou would starve."

"Then, you shall become part of me!" He exclaimed as everything crashes onto her. By everything, she meant mountains, trees, hills and even the seas. It was as if the very Earth was crushing onto her. She supposes the description was accurate considering that Ego was the planet itself.

She formed a barrier made of magic and tried to block it, but it would not hold. So, she formed a domain of flame and threw it far away from her. She then, struck the center of the domain with a tiny ball and most of the things trying to crush her were stuck towards the domain as if it were a small and a weaker version of a black hole.

Just then, a giant fist made of Earth flew right towards her. She created a flamethrower that managed to push it away. And this time, she summoned her weapon, the burial blade. She knew that she could have just simply destroy Ego's core, but she wanted experience and a little fun.

She then held the end of the scythe and swung it around. It grew into a small hurricane of flames with her at its center. This ensure that she would not miss small things that were coming for her. A giant hand fell from the sky this time.

Since attacks form other directions do not work, the ground started collapsing and was ready to swallow her like quicksand. So, she burned the ground itself so hard that it turned into glass.

Giant tentacles broke through the hurricane and rushed straight towards her. They were also destroyed with the scythe. She did not just wave the scythe around. She jumped back and forth like a monkey using the scythe as a lever. It was more fun than expected to swing back and forth rather than fly.

She could barely sense Ego's actions due to him being literally everywhere. Now, the tentacles were getting more and more numerous. She would soon no longer have room to move around. So, she went into the center of her hurricane and swung her scythe once again forming a stronger and better one.

Just as she was concentrating on a stronger barrier, she felt a long-lost sense of pain in her torso. She checked it out and there was a small tentacle stabbing it. She could not sense it due to her concentration and Ego being everywhere.

For the first time since the keeper of the first flame arrived on this universe, her blood was spilt, and this has action had its consequences. It has awakened the many ancient horrors that were long lost in the flow of time.

Monsters unknown even to the creator of this current universe. Before there was time, there was nothing and before there was nothing, there were monsters. Monsters who came from lands unheard of.

.

.

.

.

.

So, this is chapter 47, influenced by the Lich from Adventure time.

What do you think the monsters are?

And what do you think about the fight scenes here?

Have some idea about my story? Comment it and let me know.