Chapter 102

"Me? Accept them as my vessel?", Artorias mumbled slowly as he watched the Abyss Watchers decimate their opponents.

The Abyss Watchers seem particularly enthusiastic when fighting against the monsters of the Abyss. Even is the Ashen One, she did not think in any way that even he would be beating the Abyss Watchers.

What the Ashen One fought was a group of weakened Abyss Watchers that were fully intent on killing each other. He only a few at once and not thousands at the same time. Now, they were a legion in their prime.

Using their daggers as hooks, they launch from wherever they were to their next victim slaughtering them and moving quickly onto another. They did not rest for they were undead and have no need of it. Her flame prevented them from being corrupted or dying in an instant.

They would simply heal and get up again. Swarming like insects over and slaughtering any monsters that were slightly stronger and stood out, no monsters could prevail over them.

Of course, the Abyss, tried to swarm over the Watchers using home-field advantage, but they all burned in the fires of the furious dragon. Artorias spotted the furious dragon and went silent at this.

"Ms. Keeper, if I am not mistaken, that is a dragon."

"It appears to be."

"No, that is an everlasting dragon."

"It is, my dear Artorias."

"I suppose it makes sense that they came back to life just as I did."

"That is what thou got wrong. The everlasting ones never truly died out. They have always been alive, though not fully visible."

"I presume you know of the war of the dragons between them and Lord Gwyn."

"I do. There is not a single soul who do not know of the war between the Lord of Light and the everlasting dragons."

"Yet you show me this?"

"The ancient dragons live and that is a fact neither I nor thee can ever hope to change. And I am not looking to change it."

It was then that Kalameet spotted them. He flew over at a speed that broke the sound barrier. With a thunderous crash, he landed right in front of them. With his pitch-black wings raised and angry red eyes, a regular man would have fainted in fear.

Artorias raised his great sword as he prepared to deal with the dragon. Two beings, both killed by the chosen undead flared their might as they prepared to deal with each other. A standard battle between a knight and a dragon.

Above them, the dim sun that resembled an eclipse was visible but even the sun could not shine through the darkness of humanity, the Abyss itself. An epic battle was about to enfold, and she would have gladly watched if it were any other time.

But not now, while she was still in charge. She couldn't help but feel responsible for diplomacy between the forces of Gwyn and the dragons. After all, it was her who lead the two forces to meet each other.

A wall of flame rose between them before the two proceed towards each other. They both stopped as they turned to stare at her. She raised her hand in an innocent gesture.

"May I request both of thee to stop for a moment before we get to the killing. I implore both of thee to leave matter in Lordran behind in Lordran."

"Keeper!", bellowed Kalameet.

It was the first time she heard him talk. He had this raspy voice where it seems like two people are talking at one time. It was unlike anything she heard from the dragons before.

Alduin had a wise old voice. Falkor had a childish voice that resembles a young boy while Selph had the voice of a sly old lady. Kalameet's voice was one she imagined what the dragons would sound like. It was not meant to communicate. It was meant to instill fear.

"Move! It is none of your business. The battle between us happened before you were even born."

"I can understand thy motive and understand thy anger, but I just implore thee to leave it after we get to the surface. It is not the appropriate time for this. The Abyss takes priority over such squabbling."

The black dragon sighed and flew off as he took his anger out on the Abyss once more. He must have had specific instructions from Alduin because she did not think he would back down this easily.

"As thou can see, Artorias. Gwyn does not exist here and I'm afraid I am far from being fond of the Lord of Light. I promise thee that I shall solve any grievances later."

"I just hope you will not take any sides at that time, keeper. But for now, I shall dedicate my entire being to the Abyss."

Saying those words, he jumped straight into the fray that was going on. It was a rampage in there as well. It was like letting lose an angry elephant into a mob of people. They could not even touch him. It appears he was taking his anger out on the Abyss like Kalameet.

It only subsided by a little when he saw Sif in the fray. She felt a tugging at her helm and look down to see Morris. She held out her arm as it climbs onto her. As expected, it was not a creature that liked violence.

She did not join in the battle that was ongoing. She simply healed all wounded and made sure to protect those who were about to be killed. But a question remains. A very important. Where was Manus, the father of the Abyss?

He should have show up a lot earlier but, there was no sign of him. Did he run? An absurd idea rose from her thoughts.

'Impossible.' Where else is there to run? Then, another idea came up to her. Manus was not just a rampaging creature. It was one of the best sorcerers of Lordran as well. But where else would he go?

An answer came straight to her. Time. The father of the Abyss had escaped through the flow of time. Which time? If it really escaped through time, the sorcerer supreme should have been aware of it. Or did it escape into other multiverses, like the Ancient One had once told her?

She was no expert in any of these subjects. To get her answer, she must consult with the disciple of the Ancient One.

'Dr. Strange', certainly a strange name but as soon as there are no living things left here, she will return to the surface. But before returning, she must solve the problem between Artorias and Kalameet.

There was this matter with Yondu as well. Oh my, she really have a lot of things left to do.